Civilization VI - A tale as old as the test of time

So, I’ve heard. I’ll just get it over with. Bought.

Beyond Earth is fun, but it felt way too similar to regular Civ 5.

That’s perfect for my play style.

Another civ that meshes well with how I play. So many buffs to rapid expansion.

Did they get rid of automaton builders? Because that would slow things down for me.

Yes, they got rid of automation. Builders also have a limited number of uses so you can’t expect them to continue building something for you for a millennium. In the early game, roads are created by establishing trade routes. Maybe it’s possible to use workers for the same purpose later on.

Overall it seems like a huge improvement.

Definitely seems like a huge improvement, almost “why didn’t they try this earlier” levels.

As arch says, the replacement is builders with limited charges (but their improvements are built instantly), and military engineers who can build roads in the medieval era (not sure about their build times, build limits, probably build forts too).

Minimum
PROCESSOR: Intel Core i3 2.5 Ghz or AMD Phenom II 2.6 Ghz or greater
MEMORY: 4 GB RAM
HARD DRIVE: 12 GB or more
DVD-ROM: Required for disc-based installation
VIDEO CARD: 1 GB DirectX 11 Video Card (AMD 5570 or nVidia 450)

Recommended
PROCESSOR: Fourth generation Intel Core i5 2.5 Ghz or AMD FX8350 4.0 Ghz or greater
MEMORY: 8 GB RAM
HARD DRIVE: 12 GB or more
DVD-ROM: Required for disc-based installation
VIDEO CARD: 2 GB DirectX 11 Video Card (AMD 7970 or nVidia 770 or greater)

Other Requirements
Initial installation requires one-time Internet connection for Steam authentication; software installations required (included with the game) include Steam Client, Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 and 2015 Runtime Libraries, and Microsoft DirectX. Internet connection and acceptance of Steam™ Subscriber Agreement required for activation. See www.steampowered.com/agreement for details.

Woo! My old GPU is still good enough to beat the recommended specs.

GTX 960 should be good for recommended specs?

Yep, your card is slightly better than a 770.

I’m sticking with my 670 for another six months.

Excellent. Preordered the digital deluxe on Amazon.

This is the year I upgrade. I’ve been saying it for a couple years now I think, but I mean it this time.

Mongrels.

More deets on Gilgam8

Some people are fast out of the gate in Civ. The Aztec, for example, and the Scythians, are two Civs that bring a lot of hurt early. But Sumeria is something else entirely. When humanity wakes at the Dawn of Time in Civ, Gilgamesh has been up for half an hour already, has made you breakfast, built a Ziggurat, hitched up the War Cart, and is ready to go.
Gilgamesh is your new best friend. He loves, and I mean loves his allies. He feels your pain. He rejoices when you rejoice. He goes to war with you. He is fired up. He has the car loaded. Montezuma declares war on you. Before Tomyris is finished denouncing him, Gilgamesh is punching Monty in the face with his enormous, beefy fists. He calls his left fist “The Vengence of Ur” and his right fist “The Vengence of Enlil.” You’ve pointed out that maybe he could pick another nickname than “Vengence” for one of those fists, but he always laughs and slaps you so hard on the back you can hear your teeth rattle.
Then he holds Monty upside down and shakes him, and points to the pocket change that falls out: “Go halfsies?” he asks, grinning.
Everyone knows that Gilgamesh is about the business. Everyone knows you don’t touch his friends, because he will come for you. And when you play as Gilgamesh, you can take care of your friends when they get hurt. You don’t get the Warmonger penalty when you declare war on anyone at war with your allies. You are Gilgamesh. You look after your own, man. Because you know, deep down inside, in the marrow of your bones, that it wasn’t technology or religion or agriculture that caused civilization to come into being.
It was friendship. Gilgamesh extends the Vengence of Enlil to you, and you bump it with your own.

I was absolutely WRONG. Gilgamesh came over, dragging Ed by his wrist. “PUNY HALFMAN,” he roared, “ISSUE THE FOLLOWING CORRECTION:” When at war with a common foe, they and their allies share pillage rewards and share combat experience gains with the closest allied unit within 5 tiles. Then Ed asked him very nicely to stop flicking my ears while I typed. Thanks, Ed!
You’re experiencing bromantic feelings, which are perfectly normal in the presence of Gilgamesh. Note that this is not romance, which feels fills the feeler’s head with thoughts of the beloved. This is a desire to go do awesomeness with the bromantic source. Like BBQ an auroch. Or punch a malevolent underworld god.

I have an update to this. As of today Gilgamesh’s LA has 3 parts:
He can declare war on anyone at war with one of his allies without any warmonger penalties.
When at war with a common foe, Sumeria and its allies share pillage rewards and share combat experience gains with the closest allied unit within 5 tiles.
Gilgamesh can levy City-State military forces at 50% of cost.

Really strong jack of all trades there. Guaranteed religion particularly so.

btw Sumeria is OP as fuck. Earliest rush civ by a leap.

2 rax/3 ziggurat rush