Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Garbage and a mistake.

I’m still salty over it being open world. I prefer Metal Gear to stay linear. It makes the story more meaningful, but I don’t doubt that the combat, CQC, and stealth mechanics are good. It looks fun to play. I think the story has suffered because they focused on making the mechanics and open world very well done.

Just the best.

Leo not liking it is basically a seal of quality.

Toku, the game.

I mean, you could not like the game or you could just love good things and laugh everytime DD unsheathes his knife to slit a guards throat.

I don’t know if there is room in my heart for both Quiet-chan and DD =(

I think some people just miss the inertia and immersion of the old, corridor-based, narrative-driven, cinematic-laden Metal Gear Solids. They provided a special kind of fix that no other franchise could emulate. This entry’s more open, less focused on plot, and offers an experience that’s a bit less unique, more like other shooters and action games. But I think after so many traditional Metal Gear Solids, we were due for something totally different, which opens up previous games’ gameplay while incorporating stuff from other franchises and competitors. Also, it still feels undeniably like Metal Gear Solid. I’m still really, really digging it.

As for the open world design, it’s only open-world in comparison to previous Metal Gear Solids. I mean, it’s otherwise fairly focused, even in terms of the main narrative, and I never found myself without purpose or direction.

I would compare much of it to STALKER, in fact, which I also found balanced open world design, and a truck load of missions and side quests, with a sense of progression and a clear goal.

The problem with MGSV is the generigame design. It seems like every big game has to be open world now. Metal Gear was one of the few franchises that could give the middle finger to modern video game conventions (it took until 4 to have FPS controls?) and get away with it. Other than that area where you fight Quiet and that large military base, Afghanistan is basically just a literal sandbox. One guard post is not any different than any other guard post. Africa has the same problem, except I guess there are more tents instead of canopies. Big difference, right? Of course it’s still fun, but it suffers from the same problems every open world game does.

It’s just frustrating because you can take a short inventory of big games that aren’t open world that came out recently and it’s…Splatoon, Bayo 2, and Smash? Is that it? Meanwhile now you have franchises besides Metal Gear that weren’t previously open world like Dragon Age and The Witcher, and I’m just tired of it. What’s it going to take to have an actual human being touch the level design of my games?

Because tits

Her tits require sunlight for her to survive. She has a rare skin disorder. No further explanation can be given. That’s how it is.

lmao

I don’t think I’m going to finish this game.

I checked this out myself, it’s legit. Safe to look at once you beat the game for the first time.

I tried to just post it as an image but I don’t think it was being hidden correctly. Might be a bug.

I’m still early in chapter 1.

Same, stupid job ):

In my case it is a combination of the flu and having plenty of other games to play.

I’ll make an effort to finish the game before Metal Gear Online goes live.

The Boss’s suit didn’t need to be open. I understand it is at the very end but come on.

Sit the fuck down.