Movies seen over the weekend

Saw John Wick too. I see only a couple movies or so a year, glad this was one of 'em.

Oh, and Bridget Regan is super god damn hot. She only has a small part in that movie and I’d never heard of her before, but she makes one hell of an impression.

Fury
This is a lot better than the trailers would have you believe. A straight up war film. Heavy emphasis on Tank combat. And some great acting from everyone. I don’t even like Shia, but the man went beast mode in this one.

I feel like the director must have listened to Dan Carlin’s Ostfront episodes, because some of the gruesome war stuff is very reminiscent of it.

The score is incredible too.

I signed up for a free trial of yet another on-demand media service, Viaplay, and if I keep rotating between them I can get by with paying next to nothing.

Maleficent (2014) was decent and now I want to watch the other live action Disney remakes.

Yeh bruv, quite enjoyed Fury overall. Nothing amazing but its an ok way to spend an hour and a half.

I felt the ending was a copout.

I set my expectations too high.

Well this is rad.

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt | Neftlix

Feels, looks and sounds like 30 Rock. Enjoying it so far. Equal parts funny and endearing. Not every joke is spot on, but it hits it well.

I like Kimmy, she’s fun.

How Aguirre, the Wrath of God (1972) got an 8 on IMDB is beyond my comprehension.

Elysium (2013) was alright.

Watched John Wick again.

Good life choice

That fuckin’ nobody…is John Wick.

I have begun Hannibal.

Will Graham isn’t a grumpy old man, and there’s no Jodie Foster.

hannibal is one of my favorite shows ever, its sogood.gif

I’m really, REALLY hoping we get a Clarice Starling at some point.

I could actually see that being a season 3 finale reveal.

Just finished S2. I was not prepared. Holy hell.

now watch Penny Dreadful

Deadpool test footage

brehs did yall see that mad max trailer #2
day one fo sho

Furious 7 | James Wan | 2015 | US | 137 min | AVI | Action | Crime | Thriller | In a word, it was stupid.

It was little more than a series of big, dumb and loud action set-pieces loosely connected by a dull, by-the-numbers plot, all of which was interspersed with a preoccupation with being a tribute to Paul Walker. The cinematography was flat and uninspiring, and the score alternating between bombastic and maudlin.

A pet hate of mine is when the story comes to a screaming halt so that an extended action set-piece can take place, but I get that it’s part and parcel of films like this. But where this film falls apart is the way these set-pieces are boring. Driving a car out of a fiftieth-story window and clearing the void to crash into an adjacent skyscraper is completely insane and therefore should be exciting. But the way it’s staged and shot make it completely lifeless, and the generic score over the top doesn’t help.