Avengers: Age of Ultron

A coworker linked that as well (not that any number of people aren’t also linking it).

I am excited, but at the same time I don’t expect much out of it. I am in it for the ride, that is all.

I’m really, really excited for this, but I also worry that the Ultron story is going to be a misstep. I guess it’ll depend on how they handle that storyline.

The classic Avengers fighting off a smorgasbord of mindless enemies.

Sign me up!

Iron Man
Thor
Ant-Man
Wasp
Hulk

This was so so good.

Better than the first.

saw it this morning
it was fun

Ultron himself was disappointing, like hes kind of a jokey robot and not menacing at all like they presented him to be in the trailers. Maybe the worst thing he did was cut a dudes arm off accidentally, which he immediately apologizes for

anyway action wise, the stakes never felt high at all, zero consequences or fear a character was gonna die. I think these movies have become a bit too formulaic. Hawkeye gets hit by a laser but that gets handwaved to introduce the fact they have tech that can basically heal anything and make bodies now (which Ultrons uses ofc)
Like in iron man 3 there was a worry that Pepper Potts might die from extremis and Tony might get really pissed off or something, even that was something…

the CG was not great, very budget looking, Marvel cheaped out in some scenes you can tell. I saw the movie in 3d and some of the effects were cool I guess.Movies in 3d are a gimmick in general though lets be real.

also unrelated but black widow is ridiculously good looking, I didn’t really notice/care in the first movie but now I see the light.

they need to go darker and add some actual consequences to shit tbh, like take a page from Daredevil, which really is the best MCU related thing yet by a far margin.

The Punisher is another good example of a dark comic.