Best albums of 2016

Pitchfork hasn’t released their list yet so I’m currently going through this list, http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/11/top-50-albums-of-2016/

50. Iggy Pop – Post Pop Depression | I've never been a fan of Iggy's work, but this album reminds me a lot of David Bowie which is a good thing. I'll listen to it again in the future.
49. Weaves – Weaves | This was interesting and I'll add it to my rotation for a while.
48. White Lung – Paradise | I generally love noise pop rock, but this was pretty boring.
47. Japanese Breakfast – Psychopomp | Meh.
46. Martha – Blisters in the Pit of My Heart | Meh.
45. Young Thug – JEFFERY | Crap modern hip-hop.
44. Lambchop – FLOTUS | Meh.
43. The Hotelier – Goodness | Meh.
42. Kevin Gates – Islah | Crap modern hip-hop.
41. Mothers – When You Walk a Long Distance You Are Tired | This was good.

Beyonce at #1? Ugh, no.

40. Deftones - Gore  | I like some of Deftones earlier albums. I can't really put my finger on why this new album is boring, but it is.
39. Savages - Adore Life | I've never heard of this band before and this is definitely interesting. Added it to a playlist.
38. Whitney - Light Upon the Lake | Not a fan of the voice or this type of singer-songwriter music.
37. The Range - Potential | This was alright. Overall I wish the list had more metal and electronic music.
36. Noname - Telefone | Good female rappers are rare. This one was pretty good.
35. Into It. Over It. - Standards | I'm not into it.
34. Sioux Falls - Rot Forever | Didn't like it, but I should probably give it another chance.
33. Gojira - Magma | Listening to this now. I like the music, but not the vocals.

Let’s continue with the Pitchfork list instead.

• 50. 21 Savage / Metro Boomin - Savage Mode | I like the music, but this style of rapping isn’t my thing. Too much mumbling and too many repetitive hooks.

• 49. Porches - Pool | This one took a long time for me to warm up to, but now towards the end of the album I’m loving it.

• 48. Frankie Cosmos - Next Thing | Catchy pop-rock.

• 47. Kamaiyah - A Good Night in the Ghetto | Singing hip-hop is the worst from both worlds.

• 46. Pinegroove - Cardinal | I can’t feel the compassion or the emotion. It’s just boring.

• 45. William Tyler - Modern Country | Modern country is still country. Unfortunately.
• 44. Kevin Gates - Islah | See above.

• 43. Weyes Blood - Front Row Seat to Earth | This was really good, although too slow tempo for afternoon work. I’m about to fall asleep.

• 42. Vince Staples - Prima Donna | No track on this album is on par with Señorita from last year. Not bad, but not great either.

• 41. Huerco S. - For Those Of You Who Have Never (And Also Those Who Have) | Ambient noise that goes nowhere.