Destiny ✌

Activision and Bungie have officially unveiled Destiny 2. The first-person shooter sequel will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on September 8.

The game will be available in five editions:

Standard Edition ($59.99)

Destiny 2 Base Game

Game + Expansion Pass ($89.99)

Destiny 2 Base Game
Destiny 2 Expansion Pass

Digital Deluxe Edition ($99.99)

Destiny 2 Base Game
Destiny 2 Expansion Pass: Get access to both Expansion I and Expansion II, offering brand new story missions, cooperative activities, competitive multiplayer, and a wealth of new weapons, armor, and gear.
Premium Digital Content:
Legendary Sword
Legendary Player Emote
Cabal Empire Themed Emblem

Limited Edition ($99.99, only at GameStop)

Destiny 2 Base Game
Destiny 2 Expansion Pass: Get access to both Expansion I and Expansion II, offering brand new story missions, cooperative activities, competitive multiplayer, and a wealth of new weapons, armor, and gear.
Limited Edition SteelBook Case
Cabal-themed Collector’s Box, containing:
Booklet with secrets into the Cabal Empire
Cabal Schematic
Collectible Postcard Images
Cabal Military Pawns
Premium digital content:
Legendary Sword
Legendary Player Emote

Collector’s Edition ($249.99)

Destiny 2 Base Game
Destiny 2 – Frontier Bag
Customizable bag that can be worn as a backpack or messenger bag
15” Laptop/Tablet Sleeve with protective pocket slip
Frontier Kit, featuring:
Solar panel USB charger with built-in light
Paracord
Solar blanket
Limited Edition SteelBook Case
Booklet with secrets into the Cabal Empire
Cabal Schematic
Collectible Postcard Images
Cabal Military Pawns
Premium digital content:
Legendary Sword
Legendary Player Emote

Pre-orders will include early access to the Destiny 2 beta. PlayStation 4 users will receive bonus content first, with timed exclusive content lasting until at least fall 2018. More details are due out this summer.

Here’s an overview of the game’s world, via its official website

The World of Destiny 2

Humanity’s last safe city has fallen to an overwhelming invasion force, led by Ghaul, the imposing commander of the brutal Red Legion. He has stripped the city’s Guardians of their power, and forced the survivors to flee. You will venture to mysterious, unexplored worlds of our solar system to discover an arsenal of weapons and devastating new combat abilities. To defeat the Red Legion and confront Ghaul, you must reunite humanity’s scattered heroes, stand together, and fight back to reclaim our home.

The Guardians

Hunter – Quick on the trigger and deadly with a blade. Cunning and ruthless, Hunters stalk the battlefields, taking big risks for bigger rewards. Leader: Cayde-6/

Titan – No need for a scalpel when a hammer will do the trick. Built for power and prepared for war, Titans stand tall against our countless enemies. Leader: Zavala.

Warlock – Warrior-scholars of the Light, a Warlock’s mind is an arsenal of deadly secrets. On the battlefield, those secrets can shatter reality itself. Leader: Ikora Rey.

And here’s the official fact sheet:

About

Destiny 2 is a first-person action game and the evolution of its award winning, internationally acclaimed predecessor, Destiny. With a compelling, immersive story and fresh beginning awaiting all players, Destiny 2 will deliver an adventure for new and existing players to embark on.

Key Features

Immersive, Cinematic Story – Humanity’s last safe city has fallen to an overwhelming invasion force, led by Ghaul, the imposing commander of the brutal Red Legion. He has stripped the city’s Guardians of their power, and forced the survivors to flee. You will venture to mysterious, unexplored worlds of our solar system to discover an arsenal of weapons and devastating new combat abilities. To defeat the Red Legion and confront Ghaul, you must reunite humanity’s scattered heroes, stand together, and fight back to reclaim our home.

Dramatic, Cinematic Story and Missions with Relatable Characters

New Worlds and Stunning Environments to Explore with Action, Adventure, and Discoverable Rewards
Gameplay Activities for All Types of Players: New, Returning, Casual, and Competitive
Competitive PvP Gameplay with New Maps and Modes
Customize Your Character with More Options Than Ever Before to Enhance Your Abilities

Destiny 2 is Available on PC – For the first time in Destiny’s history, Destiny 2 will be available on PC.

Join the Beta Early – Early access to the Destiny 2 beta is slated for this summer with more announcements to come later. At launch, PlayStation gamers will also receive access to timed exclusive content for Destiny 2.

The first gameplay of Destiny 2 will premiere during a live stream on May 18.

Great teaser trailer! That being said, this is probably not a game for me. I enjoyed the first one, but if it’s just more of the same then I’m not interested.

this is going to suck

I want it on mah PEECEE.

Trailer is concentrated anti-hype, vagaries, and tonal discord. I feel literally nothing after being all about Destiny through the Taken King (and then rapidly burning out before Rise of Iron).

The story wasn’t well told in the original game (I never played the expansions) and I have a hard time caring about the universe or characters in the Destiny universe.

Could you tell that story well? I was literally laughing out loud at one point.

Many writers could. Joe Staten isn’t AAA caliber or anything, but having the heart of his story ripped out midway through development and Frankensteined together shortly before release didn’t do it any favors. Bungie management fucked that game good, all for the sake of having mission selection be less linear.

… terrible decisions.

Sure, I guess. I was thinking specifically of the quality of Destiny’s existing script. Obviously it could’ve been told better, but as a foundation I have doubt that it could actually be good.

We would have had to seen the thing. Everything was changed, rearranged, and cut out of sequence (with the missions themselves also being similarly cut up). I mean, shit, the game playing the traveler/light being good completely straight was a result of that cannibalization and not the original direction.

[details=recap of the first game

]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzopWRXK_r4[/details]

moving even further away from one of the best parts, the rich lore

It looks fun but I have trouble caring about this franchise since the story was so bland in the first game.

4v4 PvP is fucking laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Nightstalker’s super is really fun. I always jump when I use it.

It looks shiny, but:

• 30 FPS on consoles, no exceptions.
  • No dedicated servers on PC
  • 4v4 PVP everything? BTB fans left out to dry?
  • Vague on details on how the game plays other than “more guns, more exotics, more loot, more strikes, more raid, more activities in overworld”

I have a lot of reservations. The presentation and story, like with Destiny 1, are the strongest selling points pre-launch and the rest is vague. That worries me a great deal.

it’s straight up Destiny but with quality of life changes. I guess the rumors from a year ago were true. That their primary focus was their backend/toolkit so they can content out faster and more consistently. Being tied to last gen consoles hurt them in the long run with the first game.

Luckily I’ve never played D1 so I don’t think the lack of change is going to bother me as much.