Dota 2 6.87 - Eleaguetric Boogaloo

http://www.dota2.com/687

Highlights

• Each team now has a Scan ability, available on the minimap UI.

• Intelligence now increases your spell damage by 1% per 16 Intelligence points.

• Stats hover on your hero now shows you your total Spell Amplification, including Aether Lens.

• Towers now grant an armor aura to allied heroes

• Melee hero attack range increased from 128 to 150

• Map changes

• New items!

Bloodthorn

Echo Sabre

Blight Stone

Infused Raindrops

Wind Lace

Tome of Knowledge

Hurricane Pike

• Silver Edge imba
  • Abyssal Blade pushed off a cliff
  • Arc Warden Divine Rapier cheese strat removed
  • Major Arc Warden, Death Prophet, Enchantress, Chen, Invoker, Lone Druid, Nature’s Prophet, Outworld Devourer, Spectre, Zeus nerfs
  • Earthshaker Space Jam Aghs
  • Riki added to Captain’s Mode and buffed
  • Storm Spirit Black Hole-tier Aghs

The patch has launched automatically on the main client on Steam, or download it manually here.

This seems like a rather minor update to me. Will it change the meta?

Absolutely. My list is only a very brief summary. The changes are extensive.

I miss playing competitive multiplayer games, but it’s not easy for me to find long stretches of time where I can play without being interrupted. How long is an average Dota 2 match?

30-45 mins would be my estimate, but games can be as short as 20 or 60+ (rarer on the upper end of the scale).

These new items are bonkers, I love it. Clinkz Bloodthorn and Tiny Echo Sabre is going to be killer.

[here] redirects to League ofLegends.

Kappa

2015 to the present has seen the nuttiest Dota 2 patches yet, in sheer terms of rebalancing, new items, new skills, map changes… I love it.

I don’t expect you to know this but adding items alone would be a major update.

Yup. 1-2 item additions was the norm before 6.84 for a big Dota patch… and then the floodgates opened in terms of item and mechanics additions.