Dota 2 - 7.00 - A New Journey

http://blog.dota2.com/2016/12/7-00-update-countdown/

You don’t skip 11 version numbers for nothing.

Yeah buddy

On a scale from 10 to 10, how hyped are you for Legends of the Dota Storm?!

lmao. I’m gonna say 10/10

The new skill tree is fucking brilliant. Makes each hero more versatile, makes being ahead of the game more impactful, gave the biggest buffs to supports and weaker heroes, makes each game more unique, etc. Couldn’t love it more.

New Hero is bonkers, but surprisingly not unbalanced (seemingly). Lots of fun, really love him. Only played as him once against bots, and against him in ranked. He killed it early game in lane, but then couldn’t deliver in the mid to late. His disguise ability seems wildly unnecessary, especially since you dont need to lvl it, and it doesn’t require a skill point, but I am excited for the shenanigans it will bring.

In short: Same.

I’m loving the talent tree, it further strengthens the ability of heroes to play as either core or support flexibly, and is just plain more interesting than skilling stat attributes. Big coup as mechanical depth and bang for buck goes.

Haven’t played MK yet but I love heroes who interact with map elements (trees and items in this case), and he looks hilarious and novel. If they stripped either of those things from him I’d be really bummed out.

I’m loving the new map, how active it seems to the old one, and how much you benefit if you’re active roaming. MK terrain is stunning. Worth the purch.

I’m loving the new HUD also (even with having to relearn how to use it). Scan/Fortify parity is overdue (I actually remember it’s there now) and has space for additional team skills, I like the minimalism, I like that it tucks away info I don’t need constantly, I like how the level and talent tree are combined into one space, I like it being hooked up to more game states, and I like the sleek sliding in and out as needed for (much more adaptable).

Wanna know what IS silly about MK? If you camoflage, and gointo enemy base? The fountain doesn’t care. You can walk around in their spawn as a tree/cour and just chill. Can you use that to just waltz past towers, too?

I’m guessing they’ll patch it so he’s revealed by true sight.

Revealed by damage. I don’t see the fuss.

True, I’m not fussing, but I think it’s kind of odd.

Maybe I’m fussing

:clap: FUSS :clap:

Can we agree the UI looks nice, but is a functional downgrade?

Disagree, actually. More map real estate with this level of camera zoom is pretty significant (10-15%).

This really hit it home for me

Kill feed moved back to the left, so that’s one less thing to get used to. Wish they’d move the net worth charts to the right to compensate.