Far Cry Primal

IGN Turkey has leaked the announcement of Far Cry Primal.

Ubisoft is currently hosting a live stream announcement of the title. Since noon today, the cave paintings in the live stream have been slowly zooming out.

The IGN Turkey Twitter account posted a link to the story ahead of the announcement. The link was quickly removed, but the tweet still exists.

According to Kotaku sources, Far Cry Primal will be set in the Ice Age and feature woolly mammoths, tigers, and other prehistoric animals, and perhaps tribal comat using bows and spears.

Ice Age? My interest is piqued.

can’t wait for climbing glaciers and registering nearby points of interest

It’s the Ubi way.

I don’t particularly care for the Far Cry series. 3 and 4 did nothing for me, but this one’s setting has me curious for it. Not a lot of games with an ice age setting.

Never played a Far Cry game. Probably not going to start now.

I’m still waiting for Blood Dragon 2: Vietnam War 2 announcement.

Actually I’ve been meaning to try that game again now that I’ve got my new PC. Old desktop couldn’t hack it.

It’s the only good game in the series.

Ubisoft has officially announced Far Cry Primal, the next entry in the Far Cry franchise, set during the savage Stone Age. It will launch for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on February 23, 2016, and for PC in March 2016.

Developed by Ubisoft Montreal in collaboration with Ubisoft Toronto, Ubisoft Shanghai Studio and Ubisoft Kiev Studio, Far Cry Primal is a single-player game set in 10,000 BC, where massive beasts like the woolly mammoth and sabretooth tiger roamed the Earth. It promises “open world sandbox gameplay to a time when humans were not at the top of the food chain but were fighting to climb it, bringing together massive beasts, breathtaking environments and unpredictable savage encounters.”

Gamers play as TAKKAR, a seasoned hunter and the last surviving member of his hunting group. Arriving in the majestic and savage land of Oros, players will pursue one single goal; survive in a world where humans are the prey. They will meet a cast of memorable characters who will help them push back and tame the dangers of the wild. Players will journey as the first human to tame the wilderness and rise above extinction. Along the way, they will have to hunt for food, master fire, fend off fierce predators, craft weapons and tools partly from the bones of slain beasts and face off against other tribes to conquer Oros.