First Look: Final Fantasy XI Reboot for mobile

In March 2015, Square Enix and Nexon announced a partnership to develop a high quality mobile game based on Final Fantasy XI to be released in 2016. At the Nexon Developers Conference, Nexon Korea shared a first look at the title, which is running on the mobile version of Unreal Engine 4.

The mobile game promises to leverage Final Fantasy XI‘s “compelling storyline, engaging content and impressive graphics while optimizing features for smartphone and mobile devices to create an immersive, responsive and dynamic experience for mobile users.” These optimizations will include “improving party organizing systems, enriching solo-play functionality, improving battle functionality and enhancing in-game events and features.”

<br

About time this was shown. I’m currently subbed to FF11, and I have been starting over from scratch, but I haven’t had the time to go back to it. If I am able to access the game through my active account, and play it on-the-go. It is a game-changer. That would be fuckin’ awesome. It looks marvelous for a mobile game, but that isn’t saying much since a top-of-the-line smartphone has like 8 cores CPU inside.

Yawn

You gotta admit it that it does have nice graphics. This is as close as we are going to get to an HD remaster of FF11.

What don’t you like about it?

The part where they put FFXI on a mobile device. Don’t care about the MMO, don’t care about mobile.