• Her Story
  • Kerbal Space Program
  • SOMA
  • Splatoon
  • Sunset
  • The Beginner’s Guide
  • The Static Speaks My Name
  • The Witcher 3

Rock, Paper, Shotgun - Best management game of 2015 (they picked the right one)

Is this thread about discussing the article or make our own list?

This thread is for discussing any media pick for “Game of the Year 2015”. I will make a separate thread for our personal picks towards the end of the year. I still have plenty of games I want to play before I compile a list.

Washington Post listed several games that I know nothing about.

So hey arch how’s that Witcher 3 playthrough coming on?

While there is still plenty of December left, I don’t think I’ll have time for The Witcher 3 until 2017.

Disgusting.

I find your lack of Fallout 4 disturbing

But I mean, one of these games is the same as any other. Some people just call it MGSV/Fallout 4/Witcher 3/Mad Max/Arkham Knight/Just Cause 3/Assassin’s Creed Syndicate.

Disgusting.

i’m starting to think that these lists require a lot of compartmentalizing that is nothing but self serving and not actually critically beneficial

Ok but which is better Splatoon or Soma?

splatoon because it cemented cyclical content and long term player base engagement in a company known for dropping and running

i think splatoon is better at being splatoon than soma is at being soma

but here’s the prestige

i haven’t played either

Spoken like a true video game forum poster. Bless your honesty.

I’m still playing through PS3 games. I may just play Fallout 3 and New Vegas in the near future. I have the PS3 versions.

I haven’t played any of those games. The Witcher 3 does look the most appealing.

The only game that is current enough to fit on the list would be…Splatoon.

Nobody talks about niche games like Etrian Mystery Dungeon. Probably my GOTY even though I still have yet to complete it.

My copy of Etrian Mystery Dungeon is still shrinkwrapped. It’s the same with Persona Q. I haven’t felt like using my 3DS lately.

If I remember right, you also still have Etrian Oddyssey IV to complete? Is that the only EO game you tried out?

As for 3DS usage…it appears that you guys are not touching your 3DS. Same story with Leo and John. Nick is sometimes online. Even though the 3DS has many strong niche games.

I only finished the first Etrian Odyssey and in that one I stopped at the end credits. Post-credit content is not my thing.

I played enough of EO2, 3 and 4 to feel I didn’t waste money on buying the carts. They are so similar to each other that they feel more like expansions than new games. I felt the same with Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey. It’s not a bad game, but it’s not exciting to play a game with that much recycled content.

I also don’t use my Vita. Lately I’ve preferred using my iPhone or iPad when I feel like playing something on the go.

I swear I will one of these days. There are so many DS and 3DS games I have yet to play. ;-;

I’m thinking about buying the New 3DS bundle that released here recently.

ive been ignoring my 3ds ye
waiting for smt4final, new FE, bravely default 2, etc