Horizon Zero Dawn

Description

The action RPG puts players in the role of Aloy, a skilled hunter, as they explore a “vibrant and lush” world inhibited by mysterious mechanized creatures.

Horizon Zero Dawn is set in a lush, beautiful open world where nature has reclaimed the ruins of a forgotten civilization. It is a world where mankind is not the dominant species, and highly advanced machines sit at the top of the food chain. You play as Aloy, a young outcast from a tribal society, who has learned to hunt the machines. Intent on unraveling the many mysteries that surround her, Aloy embarks on a quest that will lead her to discover her own destiny.

Along the way, Aloy will face off against an entire menagerie of machines – some traveling in herds, others roaming in solitude, all of them presenting a formidable danger. You will need to learn their behaviors, attack patterns and weak points in order to survive. You must use the beautiful environments to your advantage, and employ stealth, agility, and cunning to approach your prey unseen.

Of course, you won’t be hunting unarmed in Horizon Zero Dawn. Aloy is capable of combining natural materials with machine parts to turn them into ingenious weapons, ammunition, traps, and tools. By cleverly using the right items at the right moment, you can exploit weak points and bring down even the largest machines. Unfortunately, the most dangerous machines aren’t necessarily the biggest…

HQ Trailer at Gamersyde: http://bit.ly/1TpalRM

http://i.imgur.com/A5FMXLJ.gif http://i.imgur.com/oQIjQ25.gif

It’s nice to see Guerrilla do something else besides Killzone.

Fuck.

I might need a PS4 come 2016.

Keighley’s interview with Herman Hulst

I still don’t understand why they have to kill the robots.

For parts perhaps? Are they not a hunter gatherer society?

She isn’t wearing robot clothes, only her bow has robot parts and using stuff from dead robots to kill more robots doesn’t really explain why they need to do it in the first place. I’m assuming they have some sort of special resource in them and i really want to know what it is.

Well it shows her shooting and collecting those green canisters from the grazing robots. I’m guessing that’s some kind of soylent substance that the robot herbivores harvest from the environment.

https://d.maxfile.ro/kofsbshxxs.gif

And then there’s the Thundermaw. Guerrilla Games breaks down some numbers for this gigantic, angry animal: It’s 80 feet long by 30 feet tall (roughly the size of an adult blue whale); it has 93 destructive elements along its body, all of which Aloy can shoot to reveal weak points; and it has 12 attacks, including a tail swipe and long-range projectiles.

I think the really promising thing about this is they’ve hired the main quest designer from Witcher 3 and a writer from Obsidian for this.

That’s a recipe for success

Well given that Witcher 3 probably has the most consistently high quality of quests in an open world game I’ve ever seen, I’d say so.

Horizon Zero Dawn Time Lapse

In their SIGGRAPH 2015 presentation based on the real-time Volumetric Cloudscapes in Horizon Zero Dawn, Principal FX Artist Andrew Schneider details their methods for rendering the clouds in Horizon Zero Dawn, also explaining the importance of them in an open world game.

According to Andrew, their aim with Horizon Zero Dawn was to create an open world game where the players can “traverse large distances.” This was obviously a challenge for them considering their track record with the Killzone series.

“In the past, Guerrilla has been known for the KILLZONE series of games, which are first person shooters, ” said Andrew in the presentation. “FPS usually restrict the player to a predefined track, which means that we could hand place elements like clouds using billboards and highly detailed sky domes to create a heavily art directed sky.”

Very nice indeed. Don’t seem to be casting shadows though.

I’m looking forward to playing this. It looks damn beautiful.

From Guerrilla’s Facebook page. Looks pretty.

Desktop wp get!