Lenovo Caught Installing Adware on New Computers...

It is actually worse than just adware, it has also installed a root certificate for SSL which allows them to MITM your connections even through what would normally be secure connections.

If you have a Lenovo laptop, you should clean it out. Preferably by formatting and starting fresh with a new OS install.

Well I know what laptop I won’t be buying in the future.

Yeah, this is bullshit. I would probably only get a Lenovo laptop if I wanted to install Linux on it though.

Yeah, the hardware is some of the best outside of Apple laptops, but I’d only run Linux on it most likely.

Windows is a pain to develop on.

I’m really fond of Notepad++ and Visual Studio is pretty nice for some type of projects.

At the moment I’m working on a small project in Xcode. It’s not as bad as its reputation.

I use Vim for pretty much everything.

Vim is available in Windows, but it is everything else that is hard to work with. Not having a native bash is basically no go for me. I do almost of my development workflow through Vim and the command line. Power shell and other utilities are not going to cut it.

Add to that, I like to work as closely to the environment my code will run in, without always needing a VM running (though I will be using Vagrant more often when I get it setup for my projects).

In general though, I am more comfortable working on a Mac for various reasons, and Windows just annoys me.

Whenever I buy a new PC, my first step is to always wipe it and reinstall a fresh copy of Windows.

This is kind of an insane step for Lenovo to take. I smell a class action incoming in the near future.

lmfao, nice try, Lenovo.

http://news.lenovo.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=1929

Some more comprehensive info from Ars