Features

• Improved Deck Builder with step-by-step deck construction guidance
  • First-ever playable Planeswalker cards
  • Solo Battle mode featuring virtually endless AI opponents
  • Expanded multiplayer options, including Two-Headed Giant mode
  • Quest system with new individual and community challenges every week
  • Limitless Free-to-Play with 100% earnable content
  • All-new Skill Quest tutorial system

Read more at, http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/03/06/magic-the-gathering-free/

Looks like no Mac version, no Android version, which means no purchase for me… or in this case no download.

I enjoy Magic so I find it sad that they don’t cater to the platforms I use. It isn’t like Android isn’t popular, same with Macs. So be it. It is on Xbox One, but I don’t really want to play it on a console IMO.

I’m fine with either a Windows or a iPad version. Last year’s annual Magic game wasn’t released for PS3/PS4 and it’s a bit weird that they are excluding popular platforms for no apparent reason.

Probably due to resources and man power.

I may try it on Xbox One since I can, but I probably wouldn’t play it much unless I had my friends playing it as well. At least with Mac or Android I’d have it around to play more conveniently.

I figured they would choose an engine that makes it comparably easy to deploy the game on multiple platforms.

It would be great if they could add cross-platform multiplayer. I picked up Magic 2015 late and it wasn’t easy to find opponents through their automatic matchmaking.

That would help greatly. It is too bad more companies don’t do that.

Yeah, playing magic on my phone was really nice, but I’m not too interested in it on m desktop.

They’re trying to go after that Hearthstone money…

Magic was always selling digital cards. You just didn’t know about it.

I have 20+k cards on Magic Online. The exciting part of this announcement is that all the content is earnable.

The PC version is up on Steam.

They finally fixed the iOS version and I got back all my lost cards. The new expansion isn’t great but at least I have some new cards to play around with.

Hello, Magic Duels fans! This is the Wizards of the Coast community team.

With the Battle for Zendikar update released, we’d like to provide you with a token of our thanks for your continued support and love of the game. We couldn’t make this game without dedicated fans like you.

That’s why we’re awarding 750 coins to players on all platforms who have downloaded and played Magic Duels and the Battle for Zendikar update prior to 12AM UTC on December 17th. Coins will be awarded December 17-20, and are great way for you to pick up new packs to help jumpstart your collection!

Thanks again, and we hope you enjoy the game!

Complete card list for the two new expansions

Updated product page with screenshots and videos

Rock, Paper, Shotgun | Magic Duels’ Eldritch Moon Expansion Rising Next Week

The new expansion will be released September 29.