Mass Effect Andromeda

Why don’t we have a thread for this?

[quote]Electronic Arts and BioWare have just revealed the official PC requirements for Mass Effect: Andromeda. PC gamers will need at least a 64-bit operating system, an Intel Core i5 3570 or AMD FX-6350 CPU, 8GB of RAM and an NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB or an AMD Radeon 7850 2GB.

Mass Effect: Andromeda releases on March 21st, and here is the full list of its PC requirements:

Minimum PC requirements:

PROCESSOR: Intel Core i5 3570 or AMD FX-6350
MEMORY: 8 GB RAM
VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB, AMD Radeon 7850 2GB
HARD DRIVE: At least 55 GB of free space
DIRECTX: DirectX 11

Recommended PC requirements:

PROCESSOR: Intel Core i7-4790 or AMD FX-8350
MEMORY: 16 GB RAM
VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GTX 1060 3GB, AMD RX 480 4GB
HARD DRIVE: At least 55 GB of free space
DIRECTX: DirectX 11[/quote]

Will I have to play the Mass Effect trilogy before playing this to understand the story?

No, the main story in the trilogy is quite simple. You are a space hero and you save the galaxy from extinction from various bad guys.

IIRC, Andromeda takes place before the events of the other games.

I’d read in the Eurogamer preview that it takes place before ME3.

TBH I didn’t care about the story as much as the overall systems you played in so this new one seems interesting on that front. Maybe I’ll try the early access to see how it is.

Mass Derp

Kind of glad this game is shit, more time for other things.

Man they did not get to grips with the animation on this one, which is weird because it seems okay on DA:I.

I was watching a stream, and boy are the dialogue animations wacky. The eyes just float around and it feels so unnatural.

Definitely going to wait on this and see if it improves with patching, or just get it on a super cut sale.

I’ll definitely pick it up at some point, but if it’s a buggy mess at launch then I might wait for a GOTY edition or something.

10/10

Ouch, that opening line is harsh.

This has not gone well.

Now everyone should try and read this review and match it up with the score they give it.

If you check their other reviews you’ll see they only use 3.5-5 stars. On that scale a 4 is pretty low.

Never mind. That was only their promoted review articles. They hated Double Dragon 4, as expected.