Nintendo Switch

Genuinely embarrassed for them.

Iā€™d like to see a comparison with other consoles. How good is that compared to a 3DS and a Wii U?

Undocked this thing is pulling roughly 156 GFlops which is about 10-20 Gigaflops less than the Wii U (which has 176 GFlops).

Not sure what itā€™s at when docked but itā€™s not going to be anywhere near even an Xbone, which was underpowered when it was released in 2013.

Thatā€™s disappointing. Well, I guess it is still a step up from the 3DS.

Oh, Nintendo. You keep fucking up, and people keep paying you for it.

Howā€™s $10 flappy Mario been doing?

I donā€™t expect new Nintendo consoles to have next-gen specs anymore, but I still appreciate them for the first-party games and some exclusive third-party games. Nintendo marches to the beat of their own drum.

Itā€™s selling really well. They have already made a ton of money from it, and with the recycled assets it was probably quite cheap to make.

Their stock price has dropped due to reviews though.

Iā€™m excited for the new Shin Megami Tensei, Mario Odyssey and 1-2-Switch. Iā€™ll probably get one at launch, despite the rather weak launch lineup.

Iā€™ll skip the online subscription, unless they can increase its value. Renting a retro game isnā€™t attractive.

Switch is out one day after my birthday. After seeing the games announced, I decided to preorder Switch on the Best Buy site. $300 is a fair price for what is being included in the box. Mario Odyssey looks fabulous. Iā€™ve wanted a Mario game with sandbox worlds since the Mario Galaxy games. I figured Monolith Soft was going to make a Switch Xenoblade game, but I didnā€™t anticipate them naming it Xenoblade 2. I like the art style.

As for the other RPGs shown, Iā€™m hoping the Shin Megami Tensei game is SMTV, but itā€™ll most likely be set in the same universe as SMTIV Apocalypse, so I think that thisā€™ll be a side-story game. The other RPG surprised me because of its graphics; the Bravely Default development teamā€™s Project Octopath Traveler has 32-bit style sprite graphics, and it looks beautiful. Iā€™m curious to know more details about that. Interesting that Suda is making a new No More Heroes game.

Mario Odyssey does look good but I am mostly disappointed with the rest. Launch line-up is disappointing (I can play Zelda on the wii u), prices are ridiculous (did you see the prices of the accessories?), online payment is bullshit, I donā€™t feel confident with the games shown etc.

Allow me to explain the last 2 points.

I find it funny that they are asking money for online without addressing the problem they have with their account system (games activation and de-activation). Alsoā€¦the games shown are disappointing considering how the Wii U was dropped quickly. You would expect they have more to show. Many of the games are a continuation from the Wii U. They hardly showed footage with some of the games announced (Fire Emblem Musou, Xenoblade looks early)ā€¦I can see them taking ages to tease and release these games like they did with the Wii U games. Third party support also appears to be uncertain and maybe worse than the Wii U. Only Square Enix announced decent games (mostly Dragon Quest). The rest were just namesā€¦we donā€™t know how they look like, when they will be formally announced/released and whether there will be more. Third party seem to be very careful with the Switch based on what they have shown.

My conclusion? I am weary of the Switch and what has been shown. It seems like it can easily be a repeat of the Wii U and maybe worse. The prices they are asking will be a hard sell for casuals and hardcore fans with raised expectations. I am going to wait and see how things will turn out.

I will buy one if this is where their handheld games will live. Itā€™s only a matter of when.

konami still doing bomberman huh

http://imgur.com/ovGYedx

So Nintendo still has no idea what theyā€™re doing, huh

How great would it be if they stopped making hardware and focused strictly on games?

It would be pretty great.

They should stick to what theyā€™re good at, which clearly isnā€™t hardware design and manufacture, or online services.

whatā€™s the problem?