Not-yet-released games hype thread

kind of a catch-all to post the rad teasers, trailers, concept art, and whatever else for games that are soon to come out.

This week brought good news for two of my favorite series. We’re finally getting a PS4/XB1 version of Rocksmith 2014. It’s one of those games that really benefits from being played in a large open space instead of at a desk.

Rocksmith 2014 Edition PlayStation 4 and Xbox One release date announced

The development of Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord is going slower than what I was hoping for. It probably won’t make it for this year, but at least the new engine seems great.

P sure you haven’t posted about Grimrock 2 yet and I’m wondering why.

I’ve already paid for it and I’ll rave about it once I get my hands on the actual game.

Legend of Grimrock 2 combat footage.

Sakaguchi’s Terra Battle out this week

Terra Battle, the next game from Final Fantasy creator Hironobu Sakaguchi, launches on iOS and Android devices this Thursday, 9th October.

The free-to-download tactical role-playing game is developed by Lost Odyssey maker Mistwalker and scored by composer Nobuo Uematsu.

Of note: Terra Battle is free to download and there are in-app purchases. You can buy “Energy” from a cash shop or get it from regular gameplay progression, the developer said. You can use Energy to restore your in-game stamina, continue a difficult battle after defeat or unlock rare characters for your party.

The game also has an interesting business model. The more it’s downloaded, the more content the developer will add. For example, 100,000 downloads scores new songs by Uematsu. 200,000 gets new characters by Final Fantasy 12 art director and Final Fantasy 9 character designer Hideo Minaba. These tiers go all the way up to 2m, which sparks development of a console version.

Rock, Paper, Shotgun | Space Rogue Is FTL x Space Rangers x Retro-Futurism

I need some indie games in my life.

The second installment in the celebrated Dragon Quest series finally comes to mobile! Explore fair lands and foul dungeons in this all-time classic RPG!

Every wondrous weapon, spectacular spell and awesome adversary in this rich fantasy world is yours to discover in a single standalone package. Download it once, and there’s nothing else to buy, and nothing else to download!

Dragon Quest II: Luminaries of the Legendary Line was/is released yesterday/today on iOS. The first game was quite fun despite the virtual controls.

Killing Floor 2

The Gore - part 1

@LabouredSubterfuge: Excited?

What’s it going to be?

A brand new game I think.

Backin August Ironhide Game Studio spilled the beans that they were working on a brand new game in the beloved Kingdom Rush tower defense series. Their original teaser art hinted that this new Kingdom Rush game would be a prequel of some sort, and today they’ve officially unveiled the name of this mysterious new game: Kingdom Rush Origins. Sounds pretty prequel-y to me! Along with the official name, Ironhide has released the following teaser trailer.

While the trailer above doesn’t show any actual gameplay, it does the job a teaser trailer is supposed to do and has me really excited to see more. The couple things we do know about Kingdom Rush Origins is that the game will take place in a brand new world from the previous games and there will be a new race involved. The game is coming this fall, which is pretty soon, so expect to see a lot more on Kingdom Rush Origins in the coming weeks, and be sure to check out the forum thread too.

Touch Arcade

Bet it’s a MOBA.

Ew :frowning:

Eurogamer | Telltale’s Game of Thrones shown off in first images

Update: seems like it’s not a MOBA. Perhaps.

Yeah, I saw a short clip a few days ago and it seems like it’s mostly more of the same.

RK3000
Developer: René Rother
RK3000 is a city destruction game inspired by Godzilla and Megazords.

I’m only posting this here to bypass the age-gate login bullshit.