Pitchfork’s best 50 albums of 2015

Let’s do this again!

Yay

Shit. I was hoping I’d beat you. LOL

#50 Blackheart by Dawn Richard. We’re off with a good start. The album has good tracks ranging from electro to ballads. Like most modern R&B/pop it relies too heavily on reverb and other effects.

#49 Natalie Prass by Natalie Prass is too happy and upbeat for me.

#48 Ratchet by Shamir is good electro-pop. I was sure it was a woman singing until I started listening to the lyrics.

#47 DJ-Kicks by DJ Koze has some good tracks on it but as an album it lacks a sense of wholeness and identity.

#46 Goon by Tobias Jesso Jr. is a pleasant singer-songwriter album. No track stood out on my first pass, but I’ll keep playing this.

#45 Simple Songs by Jim O’Rourke is not available on Spotify.

#44 Reality Show by Jazmine Sullivan is another pretty good R&B album. I added to my playlist.

#43 Poison Season by Destroyer. I don’t like the timbre of his voice. It’s a shame really because the music sounds quite promising.

#42 Apocalypse, girl by Jenny Hval. Too much art, politics and spoken word. Not enough music.

#41 Late Nights: The Album by Jeremih is a mixed bag of pretty great R&B and some pop thing that I don’t like. I’ll listen to it again tomorrow. Maybe I’ll change my mind.

#40 Dark Energy by Jlin. Extreme stuttering.

#39 Platform by Holly Herndon. I had to make a double take. This has the same type of heavily panned out stuttering noise as Jlin. Is this a new genre?

#38 Mutant by Arca. The same artist was on last year’s list and I didn’t like that album either.

#37 Me by Empress Of is not bad at all, but also not that exciting.

#36 Unbreakable by Janet Jackson. She still has talent but this album isn’t doing it for me.

#35 VEGA INTL. Night School by Neon Indian. Nope, I’m not feeling it.

#34 E•MO•TION by Carly Rae Jepsen. Great pop. Too bad I’m not a fan of the genre. I could see myself getting some of the songs for Singstar.

#33 A New Place 2 Drown by Archy Marshall is good although a bit too slow and heavy for office work. I’ll listen to it again late in the evening.

#32 Compton by Dr. Dre is also not available on Spotify. I listened to a few tracks on YouTube and I’ll survive without it.