PlayStation Meeting 2016

PlayStation Meeting 2016 will begin at 12:00 p.m. PT / 3:00 p.m. ET.

The press conference, happening in New York City’s PlayStation Theater, is expected to host the announcement of the upgraded PlayStation 4, code-named Neo, and the slim PlayStation 4 that leaked in August.

http://gematsu.com/2016/09/playstation-meeting-2016-live-stream

Official stream
http://live.playstation.com/

YouTube stream

It’s starting in a little over 30 minutes. I hope Square shows more of FFVII Remake!

Here we go, Cerny ASMR.

Playstation 4 Pro… Not a good name for a gaming console tbh.

4K re-projected. Ew.

Is it over already? I just got home.

No tech specs.

Also no mention that they’d improve frame rates on games either.

What’s the current MSRP/RRP?

So high level view on the Pro is that it is more powerful, but only slightly, giving games a better chance to hit 1080p60, but not actually targeting 4k gaming. It is vague but seems like they aren’t going to support native 4k only upscaled, not sure here.

This seems like the Xbox One S with a bump in hardware, where as the Scorpio is targeting a new generation level of power change. Obviously that remains to be seen, but maybe Sony is planning to do these incremental bumps which allows them to increase their console over time and keep the price up. The mobile phone model.

Fact is we need more specs, and what games are being improved, and in what ways at 1080p and at 4K.

Need confirmation that 1080p games are getting improved frame rates.

Very confusing overall.

MS wasn’t too much better in their messaging, something about focusing on 4k, but not necessarily making 1080p gaming better with the same hardware. Though I would guess that it would be up to the game devs to leverage the hardware at whatever resolutions they plan to target.

Even though you still benefit from using PS4 Pro on an HDTV because of HDR, I don’t think it warrants buying it at this time. I’m going to wait until 4k TV prices go down.

So this event truly was all about Pro, and not so much the games. At least we got to see new Horizon footage.

Quick Google search gave me:

$349.99 USD / $429.99 CAD (MSRP)

Confirmed no 4K blu-ray player in it.

This seems insane to me?

Not that I care about BR, why give MS a bullet point above you when you are supposedly targeting 4K for games?

Eurogamer | Every PlayStation 4 to be made HDR capable via a patch

Everyone wants better framerates so of course that’s not what we’ll get.

I reckon they’ll stabilise current frame rates if it’s poor but you won’t see barely any 30fps -> 60fps

List of PS4 Pro Compatible Games

RELEASED TITLES

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Killing Floor 2

Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End

Infamous: First Light

Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor

Paragon

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3

UNRELEASED TITLES