PlayStation VR price and release date announced

PlayStation VR will launch for $399 / 399 Euros / £349 / 44,980 yen in October 2016, Sony Computer Entertainment announced at the Game Developers Conference.

The Playroom VR will be available as a free download to all PlayStation VR owners simultaneously with the launch of the platform.

<br

Hardware Specs

• Display: OLED
  • Screen Size: 5.7″
  • Resolution: 19720 x RGB x 1080 (960 x RGB x 1080 per eye)
  • Refresh Rate: 120 Hz, 90 Hz
  • Sensors: 360 Degree Tracking / 9 LEDs
  • Field of view: Approximately 100 degrees
  • Latency: Less than 18ms
  • Controller: DualShock 4 and PlayStation Move

PlayStation VR also offers a “Cinematic Mode,” which lets users enjoy a variety of content on a large virtual screen at three different zoom levels while wearing the headset. Supported content for Cinematic Mode includes standadr PlayStation 4 games and videos, as well as a large variety of PlayStation 4 features including Share Play and Live from PlayStation. An updated Media Player application will let users enjoy 360-degree photos and videos captured by devices such as omnidirectional cameras.

Sony is tracking over 50 PlayStation VR titles to be released by the end of 2016, including:

• Eagle Flight (Ubisoft)
  • EVE: Valkyrie (CCP Games)
  • Headmaster (Frame Interactive)
  • Rez Infinite (Enhance Games)
  • Wayward Sky (Uber Entertainment)
  • RIGS: Mechanized Combat League (SCE WWS)
  • Tumble VR (SCE WWS)
  • Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (SCE WWS)
  • PlayStation VR Worlds (SCE WWS)

http://gematsu.com/2016/03/playstation-vr-launches-october-2016-399

Release date and price announcement

PlayStation VR features

Playstation VR Sizzle

The Playroom VR

PlayStation VR Worlds

I will probably buy it, but it’s going to be expensive since I also need a camera and a Move controller.

Yeah, that’s what I figured. Can’t for next year’s black friday bunduru

For some reason I thought this thing had dazzling integrated earphones on it and now see they’re piece of shit stereo in-ear things.

I hope they are compatible with my PlayStation headset.

Percentage of confidence VR won’t end up just a gimmick?

7%.

37%

Just wonder if it’ll get it’s butt kicked by a new tech just as it finds its feet in 6-7 years time.

Woof, 7% is lower than 15%.

To be fair, I think this gimmick has a lot more potential than the PS Camera, the Move, and the Wonderbook.

I hope TrackIR is doing well…

99.999%