Pokemon Go

Trainers, Pokémon GO has been updated to version 0.33.0 for Android and 1.3.0 for iOS.

Trainers,

Pokémon GO has been updated to version 0.33.0 for Android and 1.3.0 for iOS devices. Below are some release notes and comments from our development team.

• Added a dialog to remind Trainers that they should not play while traveling above a certain speed. Trainers must confirm they are not driving in order to continue playing.
  • Made improvements to the accuracy of a curveball throw
  • Fixed a bug that prevented ”Nice,” ”Great,” and “Excellent” Poké Ball throws from awarding the appropriate XP bonuses.
  • Fixed achievements showing incorrect Medal icons.
  • Enabled the ability for Trainers to change their nickname one time. Please choose your new nickname wisely.
  • Resolved issues with the battery saver mode on iOS and re-enabled the feature.
  • Added visuals of Team Leaders Candela, Blanche, and Spark.
  • We’re currently testing a variation of the “Nearby Pokémon” feature with a subset of users. During this period you may see some variation in the nearby Pokémon UI.
  • Minor text fixes

We hope you enjoy this new version and please share your feedback!
The Pokémon GO team

Anyone else still playing this? It feels kinda pointless for a casual player like myself but at least it is fun to discover new pokemons.

It’s interesting to see how much of a boondoggle it’s been.

Haven’t played this in a few days, haven’t thought of it.

Get back to me when pokemon tracking works again.

ALSO, as a personal gripe. How is it that a giant fucking stone snake, which took me 10 kilomoeters to hatch, iat like 95% of it’s power limit, and it’s only like 450cp. I’m level 21! Fuck that.

Made improvements to the accuracy of a curveball throw

Thank fucking god.

I barely play now, but it’s encouraging to hear that they’ve finally released new features with substance. Oh, that god damn “minor text fixes”. How much text could there be in this game for them to have missed them?

Here are my pokemons:

Sooooo I was just on holiday in the Canary Islands and FUCK ME they get all the best fucking Pokemon out there. Not even kidding, it was obscene how many interesting Pokemon I picked up.

Did you have a nice holiday? How were the Canary Islands? What’s there?

Very nice thank you. They’re pretty empty islands known mostly just for nice weather and holiday resorts but that’s what I was aiming for.

I’ve been there twice. I have more fond memories of Lanzarote than Gran Canaria.

I’m up to level 15 in Pokémon Go and I’ve managed to claim a gym twice.

3 questions:

1. What happens when you leave a poke at a gym in terms of what happens to it if it gets beaten or indeed wins a fight?

2. How does it award XP/coins when you assign a poke to a gym?

3. How do you increase your team’s foothold in a gym?

1. it returns to you battered and bruised, backhanding the loser is optional
  2. Does anyone know? Only the dead have seen the end of war.
  3. That’s the biggest social question idn’t it

1. If it loses, it gets returned to your roster with full health. I know the game keeps track of how many times you win, but I haven’t heard of that being tied to an increased payout.

2. You get 10 coins when you assign a pokemon. You can claim another 10 coins if your pokemon is still there 24 hours later and so on.

3. My guess is that it is a simple timer. If the gym doesn’t change team owner then it will continue to rise until it reaches level 10.

Where is this backwoods place you live in where a gym stays controlled by one team for more than 5 hours?

Don’t think you get 10 coins for assigning a poke. Just did that and got nothing.

That’s been my experience too but I haven’t assigned one to my local gym in several days so I didn’t want to say anything in case something changed.

Also apparently your increase your team’s level at a gym by basically fighting against it like you normally would and by doing that you increase the gym’s level (rather than decrease when it’s held by another team).

Unless the gym is easy I don’t bother stopping to beat it. I’d rather just catch more pokemon.

I guesso.

Where I live the spawns are quite sparse so I guess it’s an ok way to pick up XP if you’ve got decent CP pokemon.