Random Gaming & News Talk | Can't find the right thread? Use this one instead!

Guys, is this a good monitor?

Ctrl + “G sync” - 0 results found

Nope

I’ll keep looking.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2016/06/01/chrono-trigger-director-would-love-to-see-new-version.aspx

Do it. A 3D remake for PS4. :open_mouth:

Is GSync super important now?

Also, what is GSync? I’ve read it, but not had it explained. :slight_smile:

I’m considering getting one myself. G-Sync monitors can display much higher framerates than traditional monitors. Typically around 144-165 Hz compared to 60. The other advantage is that they can adapt the framerate depending on the signal. If your computer can only output 37 frames per second it will adjust the refresh rate to 37 Hz. This gives the user a much smoother experience, and you can disable V-sync or triple buffering.

The main disadvantages are price and image quality.

Edit: And you need a modern graphics card from Nvidia.

This plus you can say goodbye to input lag forever. And you can forget about screen tearing from ever happening.

It’s great because you don’t have to weorry about hitting a perfect 60 fps because if the game is playing at 53 fps then the monitor will show just that and you won’t get any of the stutteryness. This means you can spend less time worrying about your graphics options and it essentially gets more life out of your current graphics card.

y’all some fucking salesmen now

Eurogamer: Mirror’s Edge Catalyst review

DICE’s reboot of a flawed modern classic fixes old problems while introducing new ones all of its own.

What a shame, then, that it’s an all-too-familiar tale for this sequel. The original Mirror’s Edge was always a great idea somewhat obscured - how frustrating to find Catalyst polishes the premise only to find itself burdened with a new set of shackles. It’s a slight reward for those who’ve kept Faith, but this is a sequel that’s too often lacking grace.

so is anyone familiar with doom source ports? i think i’ll try GZDoom

I love the voice work in this video. A quick background, it’s a voice test of my friend’s Xenogears hip-hop concept album, where he is making story rap songs of the main events of the game, while also including skits with different voice actors for the characters. This album has been shelved for a looooooooooooong time, though. Definitely been many years. Once he moves to LA, and gets in a better spot financially, he’s going to resume working on it, and then starting a Kickstarter or similar service to get funding for voice actors and production. It needs to be completed one day. If for nothing else, a homage to this masterpiece of a game.

Brutal Doom is supposed to be pretty great

Damn these onions.

My faith in humanity is slightly restored.

Yes, it was really nice to see people standing up for this girl. Even though the acting might be exaggerated, I will tell you from experience that this truly happens. It can also go much further than just dropping some nasty comments…I haven’t experienced this for the last few years though.

Ridiculous. I await the we own the question mark lawsuit.

I was really surprised when Microsoft lost the right to use “Skydrive”.

Several sources are claiming that PS4 Neo is due for release this year. I’m okay with this but I don’t see it happening.

And the steam summer sale is almost here.