Random Gaming & News Talk | Can't find the right thread? Use this one instead!

dat 6gb vram
i thought my 4gb was good

Eh, I was reading an article recently, and even at crazy high resolutions the extra vram doesn’t translate to much better performance in traditional games. They even tested with the 12GB Titan and games saw a negligible improvement.

I’m hoping the 6GB will play a much bigger role with VR, though. Plus that horsepower can’t be beat.

split this topic #611

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: Random Talk | Say whatever’s on your mind

I totally didn’t see that this was the random gaming thread. :confused:

WYL Todo

I was wondering why my control panel thought that thread had 10 new posts

The core of Guild Wars 2 is now free to play apparently

I doubt it could pry me away from Final Fantasy 14, though.

The most forward thinking MMO out there. Everyone should give it a shot, there is amazing value there. I felt like I stole the game for $20.

Disagree. Same old stuff in a difference glass

…I want someone to make a difference (glass).

So i’m noticing most city builders all look like very modern and very american in their design… i wonder if it would be fun to play a city builder where you build cities in the 15th or 16th century when cities worked differently. Not that i’m fluent in old urbanism.

The Anno series is great and I also enjoyed Banished last year.

You also have games set in Roman times and in ancient China.

…you’re absolutely right.

Most of them are closer to resource management simulations than a traditional city builder like Sim City, but there are a few interesting exceptions. In Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom it is rather easy to collect basic resources, but if you want to collect money then you need a middle class population that you can tax.

DeepAngelicAmericanwarmblood

As I was playing Ace Attorney: Trials & Tribulations years ago, and was introduced to the character, Godot, I started having an obsession with drinking coffee. That’s because Godot was obsessed with drinking coffee as well, and he had a way of romanticizing coffee. He would recite poetry about it. He was also a slick character, both in looks and personality. Also, a sharp dresser. The best Godot quote in the game was “Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself… that is coffee.” I think he was the best Ace Attorney character created thus far.

Sore ga kouhi.