Random Gaming & News Talk | Can't find the right thread? Use this one instead!

Yep, I only heard good things about it. Keep in mind that an Xbox One and PS4 versions have been announced if you prefer playing on consoles.

Snatched:

Samorost 3
Stardew Valley

This never gets old XD

DOOM just kicked my front door down and told me it’s my GOTY so far* or else.

*Disclaimer: I can’t remember what games I’ve played this year

DOOM definitely the highlight.

Reckon it could have been a level or two shorter as by the last level it was very much a case of having seen it all before, also the last boss felt like a mess but still. Best game I’ve played this year also.

Should I buy Baldur’s Gate or Icewind Dale? I can’t decide.

numbers don’t weigh much

but what do you do

[quote]Like other space games such as Elite: Dangerous, you’ll need to make money, and some of that can come from exploring a few of those 18 quintillion planets.

“In terms of exploring," Murray told us, “you need to have an upgraded suit to be able to survive in toxic environments and various different types of liquid. You need an upgraded ship so that you can have a bigger hyperdrive and travel to more far-flung places. For all of these things you need money—and you can earn that money as an explorer by exploring. So there’s a core loop there.”

Some planets—we don’t know what percentage—will have alien lifeforms on it, which are also procedurally generated and animated. During a hands-on event (on a PlayStation build) I got to explore a few planets and discover several different types of creatures, including what appeared to be some sort of alien Yeti-rabbit. Discovering creatures earns you money, too.

You won’t be surprised to learn that you can also earn money by mining both asteroids and planets, a tradition in space games. Asteroids can be blasted as you fly by and their minerals can be scooped up in your ship. On the surface of a planet, a mining tool will let you blast rocks, crystals, and even reveal caves containing resources, which you can sell or craft into products for sale or trade. We don’t know a heck of a lot about crafting yet, aside from the basics. During my hands-on session, I only used resources to make fuel and repair my space suit.

There’s also combat. Some alien creatures are hostile, and will attack you. Alternately, you can also attack non-hostile creatures, though planets are guarded by patrolling robots that will attack you if you start doing too much damage. There’s space combat as well, as you’ll encounter space pirates in your travels across the universe.[/quote]