Random Talk | Say whatever's on your mind

4real

I mean I’m glad jibs is still alive and all

today i learned the words floccinaucinihilipilification and pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis which are both real

I am very glad I am alive. And you guys, too.

split this topic #1660

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Not-yet-released movies hype thread

Just had a tooth extracted a few hours ago. Still very numb.

I had a filling in the tooth that partially fell out and caused a larger cavity. I haven’t really had dental for years and finally went to get it taken care of. The cavity was right at the root, so they couldn’t refill it, so it was either a root canal or extract it. For cost and pragmatic reason I just had it extracted.

I just figured out WYL lets you link images directly from your Dropbox. Pretty convenient.

On Finding Your Purpose: An Extraordinary Letter by Hunter S. Thompson

Man, I’ve never had a single problem with my teeth. I don’t think I fully appreciate just how lucky i am.

Happy Labour Day everyone.

TL note: it’s an american holiday

Aw, we have to wait until May 1.

I almost bought a house this week. We were supposed to sign the papers tomorrow but decided to back out. Having ~170 square meters (1850 square meters) would have been fantastic, but the location wasn’t ideal. Hopefully we can find something else soon.

Sorry to hear that it wasn’t ideal, but better to back out now before you get stuck and regret it.

What are house prices like there? In the Bay area here, as you can imagine they are insane. :money_with_wings:

It depends on the area. We will probably spend around $400-500,000. Houses closer to the city are twice as much.

Until very recently you didn’t even have to pay off the loan. Interest rates are also very low compared to other countries (around 2%). If you buy something today you need to be able to pay the top 15% in cash and then make yearly installments until you have payed off 50% of the initial value.

Any more info on how and why?

If anyone with a decent job can borrow a large amount of money and never pay them back then the banking system becomes vulnerable (i.e. poor “capital against total non-risk-weighted assets”). In Stockholm, both apartments and houses increase by about 10% in value per year and for most people it is a great investment.

As a counter measure, out financial supervisory authority decided that we should start paying off housing loans. You need to pay larger installments until you reach 70% of the initial loan. Then smaller installments until you reach 50%. In theory, this will make our system more sustainable and more resistant to a housing market crash.

The only real downside is that it is difficult for youths and recent arrivals to afford the cash deposit. Once you have a place, you can continue to upgrade to something larger every five years or so. The increase in value will cover the higher cash deposit for a more expensive house.

It’s cheap to live in states like Missouri or Montana, but I don’t imagine there are a lot of job prospects there. Annoying that Colorado is turning into the next high apartment rent and house prices, as rich people are fleeing California to Colorado, but I suppose that’s only select cities, such as Denver. I would love to move to Colorado one day.

did a clean install, feels nice

w10 takes longer to start up wth