Sony announces partnership with Kojima on a new franchise

That is a badass logo.

Hideo, you have my sword.

I’m curious what he will create. If he will move far away from what he has been doing, or if he will stick to what he knows.

Andrew House trying so hard to hide his shit eating grin.

I didn’t know he spoke Japanese, unless he rehearsed it.

He speaks it fluently.

I would like to see him create a re-imagining of Metal Gear under a new title, universe, and new characters. Basically, a spiritual successor to Metal Gear. Call it Steel Cog. (nah, don’t) The setting could be highly futuristic, and the main character would be in Snake’s likeness, but entirely different.

Honestly, Kojima is a madman which leads to spats of brilliance and a lot of inane babbling in game form. There is a reason Konami booted him out, and it wasn’t just because they wanted to get out of games. I really hope he doesn’t do MG inspired in any way, and does something new, something scaled back.

Now Kojima is finally free

Yoji Shinkawa designed the new logo.

I’m getting a bit tired of Metal Gear and I look forward to see what Kojima can do next.

Norman Reedus, Del Toro and Junji Ito on board again for a horror game. I really want that collaboration to happen.

aww, i thought he’d go for a new and cooler name

After Sony’s E3 conference with TLG, FF7R, Shenmue 3, and now this, I’m waiting for Sony to prove that God exists next.

This is the first thing I want. P.T. was such a beautiful gem.

A new IP to surpass Metal Gear.

Hopefully one with a slightly cohesive storyline

Starting over from scratch should help even if it’s convoluted nonsense.

That logo looks shitty.