Street Fighter V

Bigger news is that SFV will never release on Xbox One, but an updated version could still be multiplatform.

Following a leak yesterday, Capcom officially announced Street Fighter V exclusively for PlayStation 4 and PC during PlayStation Experience in Las Vegas.

“When we first began working on the vision of what’s next in the Street Fighter franchise, we reached out to PlayStation,” Street Fighter producer Yoshinori Ono said. “It was clear to match the passion of Street Fighter fans around the world, we needed the combined strength of both Capcom and PlayStation. On that note, it gives me great pleasure to officially announce that Street Fighter V is coming and it will be exclusive to PlayStation 4 and PC.”

Sony has partnered with Capcom on the development of Street Fighter V,and are working to make the PlayStation 4 version cross-play compatible with PC.

“PlayStation 4 will be the only console this game ever appears on,” Sony Computer Entertainment VP of publisher and developer relations Adam Boyes said.

Source: http://gematsu.com/2014/12/street-fighter-v-announced-ps4-pc

Trailer

Gameplay

Really? That’s not the type of game that needs extra help. I think Capcom is doing bad and cheap. Wanted the money.

Good thing that it’s cross-compatible between PC and PS4.

I haven’t played SF4 myself, but this looks almost identical to me.

Is anyone else tired of that art style? I was hoping for something new for V.

I don’t have anything against using heavy brush strokes, but I can’t stand the buff muscle anatomy.

I feel like there’s only so much you can do with 3D. They could’ve made it cel-shaded, I guess.

The new particle effects look awesome although they might become annoyingly distracting after a few hours.

It definitely looks sharper compared to SFIV. I’ve always been interested in the idea of getting into the SF series competitively, but the high learning curve of mastering the move set (of which there are many) of a character is intimidating. I’ve attempted it with SFIV in the past, but I didn’t stay with it. You need to be committed and practicing the character you want to be skilled at often. But I’m feeling that yearning to be committed with SFV this time around, or I could start sooner with the recently announced PS4 version of USFIV. I want to learn how to play well with an arcade stick, too. With Mortal Kombat X and Tekken 7 also in development, it’s once again going to be a busy generation for the fighting game genre.

Yep, looks like Street Fighter to me.

Looks like you can’t chip to death. I didn’t see any focus attacks so no more FADC I suppose.