Super Mario Run announced for iOS

Nintendo made a surprise appearance at Apple’s iPhone 7 media briefing today to announce Super Mario Run, Mario‘s smartphone debut, coming first to the iOS App Store. It is due out in December. Users will be able to download a portion of the game for free, and can unlock all of the game content after paying a set purchase price.

The game is an runner where Mario automatically runs to the right of the screen. As he does, he’ll hurdle small gaps and certain enemies. The longer you tap, the higher he jumps, which is key to getting high scores. In later levels, you’ll see blocks that will change Mario’s direction and start and stop with specific timing.” There is also a new “Toad Rally” mode, where players can choose an opponent from a list and try to beat their high score, and a mode in which players can create their own Mushroom Kingdom based upon those play results.

http://gematsu.com/2016/09/super-mario-run-announced-ios

Nintendo going third party, etc :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d rather have a simple runner than a virtual game pad. I’ll pick it up if it is priced low and scored high.

I’m not interested in it. Not because it’s a mobile game, but it looks like they ported any of the “New” series Mario games to mobile. That art style is getting stale.

I figured Nintendo would treat mobile differently, I am glad that they have.

It appears to only be a timed exclusive for iOS.

Flappy Mario.