The Moto X(+1) (2014)

The Verge - The new Moto X could be the best Android phone ever made

Today, Motorola announced its second-generation Moto X, the successor to the company’s rebooted flagship smartphone that was unveiled just over a year ago. Yes, the phone will simply be called Moto X again — not X+1, as some rumors had suggested — and it’ll be available for the same $499 unlocked as the original when it launches later in September (that’s for 16GB; the 32GB version runs at a $50 premium). AT&T, among others, will be offering it starting at $99 on contract.

I like it’s simple design.

Eh, not too impressed honestly. In the market for a new phone before the end of this year, Samsung’s G5 is still the clear winner for me.

I’m not a fan of Samsung.

After the reviews have come out, I’ve decided against it. It looks cool, but I don’t like the headphone jack on top.

I’ll probably wait to see what HTC does next.

I actually just found out last night that I’m due for an upgrade NOW!!!

Decision time…

I like having small monthly phone bills so I decided to buy my new phone without a contract.

Once my AT&T contract is up, I’ll be doing the same. I’m jumping to T-Mobile’s $40 plan.

Hmmm.

The Verge - Google’s new Nexus phone will reportedly be a super-sized Moto X

It looks like Motorola’s in for a busy few months. The company’s second-generation Moto X is now shipping, and recent leaks suggest the next smartphone in Verizon’s Droid line is also on the way. But according to 9to5Google, there’s something even bigger in the works. Way bigger. Motorola is said to be preparing a device codenamed “Shamu” that will serve as Google’s next Nexus phone. From what the site has learned, it’s basically a super-sized, more powerful version of the Moto X. The exact name of Google’s next Android flagship isn’t yet clear; some expect it to be called the Nexus 6, a reference to the device’s rumored (and utterly massive) 5.92-inch screen. Other reports claim it will be known as the Nexus X.

Shamu would follow Google favoring underwater codenames for their devices. (Grouper, Hammerhead, Tilapia, etc.)