What are y'all playing? ver 2.0

I second this. It is a fantastic game.

Iā€™m enjoying Chapter 13 of FFXV, kind of donā€™t get what the whole deal is to be honest.

Got my first win of 1.0/Desert Map. Tested out Replay feature.

https://streamable.com/piy88

Iā€™m slowly making my way through the final dungeon of I am Setsuna. Most battles last two seconds when using the more powerful group combo attacks. Bosses are still somewhat challenging since I skip optional exploration.

Finishing off Wolfie 2 atm. Mostly good feelings about it other than the level design.

Before that I dun did AC Origins, which like all open world games, was better in its opening 20 hours than the latter 20 hours.

Wolfie is like 24 at gmg rn with a coupon might get that for myself, really looking forward to it. Glad it seems to have turned out well.

Iā€™m at the fight with Director Steele in Cosmic Star Heroine. I like that as youā€™re approaching him, orbs lighten up on each side of you, which is a nod to the Magus fight in Chrono Trigger. There are similar nods like that throughout the game. The team was heavily influenced by Chrono Trigger and Earthbound. This is a tough fight. Doesnā€™t help that the game forces me to use characters I wouldnā€™t normally keep around in my party. He has a lot of HP, and he summons mobs that are just as annoying to keep tabs on.

Ok. Played a handful of games recently.

Aviary Attorney is legit a great Ace Attorney game. The game is not unaware of its roots and it consistently reframes its mechanics and genre heritage to create something that keeps subverting expectations. Itā€™s really funny too.

Zombi, or really ZombiU but on PC i guess. Super loving this. Itā€™s a very heavy and slow paced game, game keeps you in a position of heightened awareness at all times by never really codifying enemy or item positions in expected ways, so youā€™re never really in control of the meta. It has a really great visual style too, worn and lo fi in a way that really impresses the feeling of a spent world thatā€™s long been left to rot. Also itā€™s a great zombie game.

Anodyne is a student made, dark zelda like? Not sure. Played a bit, itā€™s creepy in the way that games can easily be by sticking to a strong lineage and introducing the slightest of creepiness to bring focus to the tiniest of deviations from the archetype.

WitchWay is the CUTEST fucking thing and i love it. Look at this shit

Anyway itā€™s been great and i love life.

I played this, it was a short but ultimately enjoyable session. I was thinking it would be individual puzzles all with that style of digging into the scenes to figure out the puzzle. In playing it I found it to be much more and liked the creativity of the puzzles and how they morphed from one area to another. I played it on PC when I picked it up with their other game.

I still play Rainbox Six Siege almost daily, and mix in some of The Division trying to get my character on PC up to 30 for end game.

@Chimera got me a Switch for Christmas with Odyssey. I also picked up Zelda finally and a few other indie games. I like the portible nature even if I am just playing on the couch or in bed. Wanting to play through Steamworld Dig 2 before getting too deep into Zelda. Saving Odyssey for times when I want a quick bite. Played a few worlds now and it feels great.

I downloaded the demos for Pinball FX3 and Stern Pinball Arcade for the Switch. Both comes with a single free table. Iā€™ve only tried them in handheld mode, but so far I like FX3 a lot more. It feels smoother and it is easier to follow the action in it. None of the DLC looked particularly interesting so I will hold off buying additional tables for now.

Last night I started The Witness and Iā€™m loving it. The puzzles are clever and substantially challenging. There is a lot of ingenious variation of very simple concepts.

Witness me.

Iā€™m so sad none of you like HZD. itā€™s one of the best games of the generation to me.

I barely have access to the living room TV anymore. If I did I would have played it more. Same goes for Persona 5 and Yakuza 0.

HZD is a great game, it just felt really shallow to me. The story was interesting enough, albeit not very well written. Mainly itā€™s the gameplay that felt stale and repetitive after a few hours that killed it for me. The characters in that game really shine for me, too bad I wonā€™t get to see how their story plays out.

@toku What key bindings do you use for peaking?

default q and e but i have it set to double tap instead of hold or 1 press

Iā€™m using Ctrl & Alt because Iā€™m weird.

last night a pan saved my lifeā€¦twice

Haha, incredible m8

Metroid: Samus Returns is really well made. Itā€™s quite challenging and the controls on the 3DS arenā€™t the best for precise movements. Now that Iā€™ve figured out the timing of the melee counter Iā€™m progressing faster.