What are y'all playing? ver 2.0

You guys, Half Life Alyx is truly a masterpiece. Setting a new bar in VR content.

pls do not kick Laboured while he is down

It is! Scary AF and Iā€™m just watching :sob:

ā€œSure, you could fix the elevator. Orā€¦ā€

Honestly the collision/physics tech theyā€™ve implemented is so goddam impressive. That seems like a herculean task to code and the shit just works.

Can anyone recommend a good iPad puzzle game? Iā€™m looking for something thatā€™s not tile-matching or block-pushing. Iā€™ve already played:

• The Room series
  • Monument Valley 1 & 2
  • Framed 1 & 2
  • Gorogoa
  • Florence
  • What the Golf?
  • Mini Metro and its sequel

Will It Stack?

Yes.

Those collision meshes are fantastic. Christ. Orgasmic stuff.

global pandemic overheard making hard to shootmans :disappointed_relieved::worried:

Itā€™s been months since I last read interesting video game discussion on a message board so I decided to give Edge Magazine a try. Itā€™s pretty good.

They mentioned Sticky Terms (iOS) and Iā€™ve been hooked on it for the last a few days. Itā€™s a simple puzzle game where you combine character-like shapes into ā€œuntranslatableā€ words. The puzzles are not challenging, but yet feel somewhat rewarding. Itā€™s primarily a fun way to learn new terms and appreciate cultural diversity.

Life is Strange fucked me up. Nobody told me that it was going to be an emotional rollercoaster.

Firewatch (PC) is another good walking simulator. I was hooked from the start and it doesnā€™t overstay its welcome.

Cosmic Star Heroine (NSW) is an homage to old RPGs like Chrono Trigger and Phantasy Star. Despite having excellent sprite work, solid music, and a deep combat system itā€™s not fun. The story, characters, and pop culture references gives a fanfic vibe that overshadows everything else.

I decided to give Glass Masquerade (NSW) a try after reading a recommendation for it. Itā€™s a visually stunning relaxing puzzle game where you piece together glass mosaic. Such a simple concept and yet surprisingly awesome. Iā€™ll pick up the sequel in a few months when I feel like revisiting the idea.

Having never played a Phoenix Wright game I picked up the trilogy for the Switch. The first game is fantastic. I didnā€™t expect high quality writing in an almost 20 year old video game released for a console generally targeting kids.

Playing through Detroit: Become Human (PS4) will probably take me three months, but Iā€™m thoroughly enjoying every moment of it. Especially after watching Westworld and reading many scifi novels recently. I canā€™t wait to see what Quantic Dream releases for the PS5.

Yokuā€™s Island Express (NSW) is another game that I would never have discovered by myself. The concept of pinball platforming might sound weird, but everything about it is great. Iā€™m playing it in short bursts since getting all the collectibles requires accurate timing and pinpoint precision. Itā€™s even made by a tiny studio in my home town.

Prey is the most incredible damned thing.

Just lots and lots of Fortnite

The new Fire Emblem is good. Iā€™ve been playing a battle or two every evening.

Iā€™m also playing Magic the Gathering: Arena most days when I need a break from work. A new expansion was released yesterday.

Hello fellas.

Still (re)playing through Witcher 3 next gen (with tonnes of mods) at the moment.

As much as I hate JK Rowling and want to abstain from anything to do with her, Hogwarts Legacy is fucking incredible. I honestly struggle to find a legitimate criticism of the game.

Baldurā€™s Gate 3 is fun.

Finally getting round to FF7 Remake. I like Chadley.

FF7R was surprisingly great. I look forward to the sequel.