What would you want from the new Aliens film directed by Neil Blomkamp?

Overall I have enjoyed Blomkamp’s movies, and like his gritty futuristic style. If he can redefined what an Alien film feels like capturing the gritty realism, I would greatly enjoy it. The original Alien film itself had a gritty realism for the time (1979) and what they thought would be possible.

I want more atmosphere and horror with less action. The first three Alien movies and Prometheus are all good. Alien Resurrection wasn’t great.

I agree with this. Some of the atmosphere and horror should be built around the characters themselves vs just the Aliens. It would be great if the Aliens were a backdrop for things to break down.

Is it right that they’re ignoring/retconning Alien 3?

Seems needless if so.

Stop trying to shoehorn Ripley in to your movies.

What made the Alien series so good was that each director brought a completely different vision to the film. Alien was so different from A2 which was so different than A3. The real potential is Blomkamp bringing his own aesthetic into the proceedings.

That is my hope at least.

well since they are ignoring alien 3 where newt dies within 5 mins because no reason then
they could of made the movie star grown-up newt who could like follow in her footsteps
I mean sigourney was hot but cmon shes like 65 now irl, she looked old in avatar

Looking at the concept art, and considering the fact that they’ve chosen Blompkamp for this, my inclination is that it will be action obsessed and heavily inspired by Aliens. I don’t like the direction this is headed. It would be great if we could for once have a slow horror film inspired by Alien.