WYL GOTY 2018

Here’s my list. What else did I miss out on?

1. Into the Breach - Almost as fantastic as FTL and incredibly replayable.
  2. Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age - I’m 20 hours in and this might be the best one in the series.
  3. The Room: Old Sins - Another excellent entry in the best series for iOS.
  4. Magic: The Gathering Arena - Finally a good alternative to Magic Online.
  5. Octopath Traveler - Best portable RPG in a long time.
  6. Frostpunk - Great resource management sim that I’ll revisit soon.
  7. Labo - Innovative and fun with kids.
  8. Celeste - A solid platformer that probably wouldn’t have made the list if I had played more games this year.
  9. Picross S2 - The best of the three Picross games I’ve picked up this year. They’re all very similar but yet well worth playing.
  10. Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun! - It’s a shame that the input lag prevents me from enjoying it at higher difficulties.

I haven’t played God of War, Detroit: Become Human, Spider-Man, Return of the Obra Dinn, Valkyria Chronicles 4, and Mario Party yet and I’m sure some of them would make my list.

Mine is definitely Detroit: Become Human, but I haven’t played RDR2, or DQXI.

2018 was not a great year for games.

[Edit] Oh I forgot about GoW. Haven’t beaten it yet, though. Detroit still gets my vote.

My top 5 picks for PC gaming in 2018. I missed out on DQXI, Yakuza 0 and VC4.

1. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age - The best digital journey I made this year and my second favourite game in the series.

1. Monster Hunter: World - A rough gem but more fun than expected. I just hope cacpom sort their shit because they’re onto something here. Something really good.
  2. Into the Breach - The Advance Wars I’ve always wanted.
  3. Pillars of Eternity: Deadfire - Obsidian strikes again. Great narrative and characters I won’t easily forget.
  4. Subnautica - The devil in the deep blue sea.