Here’s my list. What else did I miss out on?
- Into the Breach - Almost as fantastic as FTL and incredibly replayable.
- Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age - I’m 20 hours in and this might be the best one in the series.
- The Room: Old Sins - Another excellent entry in the best series for iOS.
- Magic: The Gathering Arena - Finally a good alternative to Magic Online.
- Octopath Traveler - Best portable RPG in a long time.
- Frostpunk - Great resource management sim that I’ll revisit soon.
- Labo - Innovative and fun with kids.
- Celeste - A solid platformer that probably wouldn’t have made the list if I had played more games this year.
- Picross S2 - The best of the three Picross games I’ve picked up this year. They’re all very similar but yet well worth playing.
- Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun! - It’s a shame that the input lag prevents me from enjoying it at higher difficulties.
I haven’t played God of War, Detroit: Become Human, Spider-Man, Return of the Obra Dinn, Valkyria Chronicles 4, and Mario Party yet and I’m sure some of them would make my list.