XCOM 2

High settings with FXAA. FPS on the y axis, time in seconds on the x axis.

http://www.opengamebenchmarks.org/benchmark_detail/155

Performance is all over the place. Certain it’ll improve with patches.

fuck mods

I’m not touching any mods until I beat the game twice.

Mods are gr8 u slags

How far in are you guys? My avatar countdown meter reached the final mark and I only had 24 hours to fix the situation. Now I’m down to 9 again and I’m progressing with the story. If it wasn’t for a stroke of luck it would have been an incredibly challenging story mission. First I managed to instakill/execute a Sectopod with overwatch and then I hacked my way into one of those red robotic enemies. The units that are left can’t deal with its heavy armor.

Whew, beating that mission wasn’t easy but at least I got a generous reward. Avatar progress dropped by 5!

I think I’m on the final mission.

What I assume is the final boss is definitely no joke. I’m pretty sure I will have to go back to a previous save because the computer is throwing more enemies at me than I can keep up with. Fortunately it seems like they spawn from predictable locations, so if I position my soldiers correctly then I will be more successful.

For my next run I need to be more careful with how I spend my resources. This time I didn’t spend much thought into the build order of facilities or how I prioritized research.

Woo! Finally beat it. The final boss fight wasn’t fun.

We’re happy to report a hotfix for XCOM 2 is now available. This update will automatically install when starting the Steam client. If it doesn’t automatically, restart Steam.

This update fixes issues causing known crashes and includes some performance improvements. Saves affected by the crashes detailed below can be recovered and continued after installing the update.

We will continue our patch support over the coming months with additional fixes and performance updates. It is important to the team that we address the issues below as soon as possible so fans can get back to enjoying the game. Stay tuned for more information on future updates!

XCOM 2 Patch Notes

• Player is unable to progress to scan in the Geoscape after completing the Resistance Communications research via Tutorial – This will fix previously affected saves.
  • Unable to load saves with a Chryssalid Cocoon – This will fix the issue, and for previously affected saves.
  • Adjustments were made to Texture Streaming to assist with periodic frame spikes.
  • Using the preview voice button for a modded voice pack will no longer crash the game when in the armory.
  • Removed 8x MSAA from default Max settings.

Yeah I don’t think I can be bothered to beat that fight. Disappointing end to an otherwise great game.

The key to success in my case was using the Mind Control and Hack abilities to recruit more soldiers to my side. I also got lucky with the first two Avatars. Apparently, they generate 5 health points per turn and I was lucky enough to kill each with a single turn. The last Avatar was hit by shrapnel and fled outside the boss area.

I started a new run on Commander difficulty. My plan is to first build a Advanced Warfare Center for bonus abilities as early as possible, and then a Psi Lab so I can have at more mind controllers with me on the final mission. Last time I built the Psi Lab so late that I never got around to using any of my psionics.