XSEED announced The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky The 3rd coming to the US on PC in 2017

It has to be The 3rd they’re hinting at. The priest would be Kevin (protagonist of The 3rd) and the nun would be Estelle becoming a nun for a story-related reason. Maybe they’ll make the announcement shortly before or during E3.

According to Steamspy, SC sold about 16k, but that could easily go up with future sales. In comparison, FC sold 160k on Steam, but that did receive quite a few sales.

Good. SC is on sale this weekend so I might pick it up.

Following a tease yesterday, XSEED Games has announced that it is localizing The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd for PC in 2017, XSEED Games announced.

XSEED Games will share more information about the game “in the coming months.”

http://gematsu.com/2016/03/legend-heroes-trails-sky-3rd-coming-west-pc-2017

XSEED’s Tom had this to say on their forums:

To address some common questions thus far:

• PC version only. Sorry, but we couldn’t swing the PSP, PS3, or Vita versions of the game (and all for completely different reasons, to boot – none of which I’m really at liberty to talk about in any great detail, so you’ll just have to trust that we tried our best!).
  • Localization duties are not being handled by Carpe Fulgur as with SC, but by more or less the same team responsible for the Trails of Cold Steel games. So if you liked the way Cold Steel turned out, you’ve got nothing at all to worry about with 3rd!
  • Nothing is being edited out or removed. In fact, as others have said, I believe Sara will even be attempting to add the previously PSP-exclusive elements to the PC release – though of course, nothing can be guaranteed there, especially at this early stage. It’s just sort of an idea/goal at this point.

So, yeah… to all y’all who said there was no way in hell 3rd would ever see the light of localization, all I can say is, EAT IT. :wink: Heheheheh…

-Tom

Oh yeah, one more frequently asked question to quash:

• No Japanese voices, sorry! As with FC and SC, 3rd will include English voices only, as once again, the rights to the Japanese voices were not available. (Wait’ll you hear the English voice for Gilbert, though – sooooooo good!)

-Tom