Yakuza Zero

Sega confirmed it is bringing the PlayStation 4 version of Yakuza 0 in the Americas both physically and digitally. Here’s the rundown:

[quote]We’re bringing the back the 1980s by localizing and releasing Yakuza 0 in the Americas. Set in Tokyo, December 1988, players will have a chance to see where it all started for series protagonist Kazuma Kiryu. Follow Kiryu, not yet the Dragon of Dojima, as he tries to regain his honor after getting blamed for a botched debt collection that ended in murder. Additionally, for the first time in a numbered game, gamers will be able to play as Goro Majima, the Mad Dog of Shimano, as he tries to rejoin his clan. Each character will posses their own unique fighting style and abilities that can be utilized to kick some rival Yakuza butt.

In the 1980s, Tokyo was filled with decadence, greed, sin, and above all else, cold hard cash. C.R.E.A.M. is the motto, and everyone wants in on the action. Thankfully Kiryu and Majima are the “entrepreneurial” type and will have plenty of ways to make, spend, and take money.[/quote]

Screens:

I haven’t played a single game of the series yet. ( ._.)

GET REKT

I was going to post that. I love it. So fucking good. :laughing:

It needs a “Get the fuck out” when he hits him.

Love this series for the sheer number of ways you can bash someone’s face in.

I hope we get a European announcement soon.

I would also like a PS4 port of Yakuza 5 since my PS3 is stuck in my old apartment.

I still only managed to complete the first one. And we already have 4 sequels and at least 3 spin-offs. This being a remake of the first one, it’s like why bother. They might remake all of them next XD

You can skip the spin-offs. Dead Souls is not very good, and the others haven’t been localized into English.

The mainline games are all really good. Since they are quite similar you might not want to play them back-to-back.

No it isn’t. This a prequel to the first Yakuza.

Sorry, I do remember a prequel being announced. But didn’t they also announce a remake of the first one around the same time?

Too late. I bought Kenzan and Dead Souls. The last one I only got because it was a limited edition version for 5 pounds from amazon.

Yakuza 1 game was a very impressive game. I really do want to play more of them…but yeah, they do feel very similar.

I’ve owned Kenzan for years but I don’t feel like playing it with a translation guide. Dead Souls was fun for a few hours.

Kenzan and the other samurai sequel look more interesting than the modern Yakuza games, tbh. It’s why I’m hoping the next Assassin’s Creed takes place in the samurai era Japan.

That would be nice.

What’s the chance of that?

This is sold up all over Europe. I almost regret not picking it up day one. Hopefully it will be restocked. Otherwise I will have to settle for a digital copy.

You mean you can’t pre-order it anywhere?

This is still true. :frowning:

Oh. That would explain why it wasn’t in stock. I thought it was released last week.

I also thought y0 came out already. I think it just had an early embargo.

I thought it was crazy to have a Yakuza game sell out :laugh: