Bloodborne

So how long until the definitive edition is announced for Steam?

I’m betting 1 year. 2 at the most.

Whenever Demon’s Souls gets announced for Steam which is never.

Chalice Dungeon

What a coincidence that this game releases on Wednesday here which happens to be my birthday.

I almost forgot about that it would be out this week and this morning I pre-ordered it so it would arrive in time.

Eurogamer | Don’t forget to download Bloodborne’s 2.69GB day one patch

Reviews are really high. I was half-expecting a backlash since I haven’t seen any recent footage from it besides the launch trailer that I didn’t like.

Its Metascore is currently 93.

I just…

I want to get in to these games but I don’t know how.

They just don’t seem very exciting to me. I feel like I’m totally missing something.

Now I’m getting a bit hyped myself.

Eurogamer | Is Bloodborne the best game ever, or just the second best?

[quote=“LabouredSubterfuge, post:52, topic:79”]They just don’t seem very exciting to me. I feel like I’m totally missing something.[/quote]Have you actually played them yourself? I loved both Demon’s Souls and Dark Souls.

I’ve played about 6 hours of Demons’ Souls.

It all plays and looks a bit janky and unpolished. It’s also all very trial and error, which I don’t much like. I also massively hate having to completely replay areas and beat enemies if I die. I don’t have enough free time in my life for that degree of repetition.

I also dislike the way it completely obfuscates its systems.

To me these things are not interesting ways to make a game challenging.

Oh, I was going to suggest that Demon’s Souls would be a great place to start. 6 hours is more than enough to have an sensible opinion about it.

If you approach the game more carefully then you can avoid a lot of the trial-and-error parts. Survey your surroundings and probe your way forward.

When I play the game I either go around exploring new areas (while gathering loot and collecting souls from enemies), or I rush straight to the boss area using the various shortcuts and try learning its behavior and attack patterns. The game is all about learning to read tells and then quickly reacting with a good counter-measure.

I dislike the light/dark world mechanic that is indeed very obfuscated. The other systems (e.g. different attack damage types and loads of stats) are very appealing to me.

Maybe you should try the prettier PC version of Dark Souls. The core game is almost identical, but the world is more dynamic and you don’t have the same clear divide between different areas connected through an hub. It should be quite cheap to pickup from the next Steam sale.

I might. I actually have it already and was waiting for GFWL to fuck off, which it may have already done.

Yep, that update should be live.

I completed Dark Souls on my PS3, but I didn’t spend nearly as much time with it as I did with Demon’s Souls. Revisiting it would be fun.

Good fucking god.

I don’t think I’ve posted this yet.

Awww Yeeeeeeeeeee