Random Gaming & News Talk | Can't find the right thread? Use this one instead!

Didn’t we used to have a video game soundtrack thread?

Ah well.

I’m listening to The Legend of Legacy soundtrack. I’m enjoying it. It was composed by Masashi Hamauzu. More recently, well-known as the Final Fantasy 13 composer. This soundtrack’s style and genre are similar to the Final Fantasy 13 soundtrack. All of the tracks sound mystifying and atmospheric. Listening to this makes me miss listening to game soundtracks.

Well my 401k is hemorrhaging money, but at least my graphics card came back in stock!!!

Yeah boooiiiiiiiiiiii

Pifko

dat 6gb vram
i thought my 4gb was good

Eh, I was reading an article recently, and even at crazy high resolutions the extra vram doesn’t translate to much better performance in traditional games. They even tested with the 12GB Titan and games saw a negligible improvement.

I’m hoping the 6GB will play a much bigger role with VR, though. Plus that horsepower can’t be beat.

split this topic #611

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: Random Talk | Say whatever’s on your mind

I totally didn’t see that this was the random gaming thread. :confused:

WYL Todo

I was wondering why my control panel thought that thread had 10 new posts

The core of Guild Wars 2 is now free to play apparently

I doubt it could pry me away from Final Fantasy 14, though.

The most forward thinking MMO out there. Everyone should give it a shot, there is amazing value there. I felt like I stole the game for $20.

Disagree. Same old stuff in a difference glass

…I want someone to make a difference (glass).

So i’m noticing most city builders all look like very modern and very american in their design… i wonder if it would be fun to play a city builder where you build cities in the 15th or 16th century when cities worked differently. Not that i’m fluent in old urbanism.

The Anno series is great and I also enjoyed Banished last year.

You also have games set in Roman times and in ancient China.

…you’re absolutely right.

Most of them are closer to resource management simulations than a traditional city builder like Sim City, but there are a few interesting exceptions. In Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom it is rather easy to collect basic resources, but if you want to collect money then you need a middle class population that you can tax.

DeepAngelicAmericanwarmblood