Random Talk | Say whatever's on your mind

ONE OF US

ONE OF US

ONE OF US

The japanese client for Fate Grand Order keeps crashing on my 5s, I might have to upgrade before the american version catches up. I really like my 5s though, I donā€™t need a thinner or bigger phone.

I still have my iPhone 6 for personal calls. The new phone will mainly be used for Humble Bundles, hobby development, and answering calls from occasional salespeople.

Iā€™m not going back to Android. Iā€™m tired of my phone being obsolete every year.

Just because they provide updates doesnā€™t mean your iPhone isnā€™t obsolete every year. It might run but it is slow. Also with 32bit being removed, many devices will be cut off.

Man, I never thought Iā€™d say this, but I might be bailing on Android next phone cycle. I feel like for years, my Galaxies have been getting less and less reliable, and theyā€™re getting progressively shittier over time. My current S7 has really been giving me trouble lately. Not to mention Android batteries suuuccckkkkkkk.

But man, losing all my apps, having to deal with itunes bullshit, Iā€™m really not sure if itā€™s worth switchingā€¦

I never use iTunes and my house is filled with Apple products.

I like my Sony

Sony makes phones still?

Mine is old but i still see them being sold i guess

Thatā€™s your problem. Never buy Samsung. lol

My iPhone 6 hasnā€™t given me any problems. Smooth as ever. Battery life is starting to give out, but Iā€™ll give my phone another year or two before I upgrade to an iPhone 8. By then, the price should come down a bit. I donā€™t use iTunes or Google Music, only Spotify and Youtube for streaming music.

Man normal youtube not allowing background playing is a fucking bummer

https://www.fitbit.com/ionic

Now that we have announced this I can share that Iā€™ve been leading the team that is building the App Gallery for the Ionic. Been a busy eight months, and will continue to be busy the rest of the year heh.

Sounds like a cool project

ā€¦wanna hook your homies up with one for beta testing? :smiley:

A good detailed writeup: https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2017/08/fitbit-ionic-gps-smartwatch-all-the-details.html

You know, so, iā€™m coming up with a big work week as the end of summer means some extra hours because bar hours will increase for a handful of days due to incoming local events, and the strain of constant work is really wearing down on me. Iā€™ve been thinking a lot. I have a younger coworker and itā€™s making me rethink a lot of things about how to grow up. About work and life and whatā€™s important and whatnot. Iā€™ve been thinking about what has since become one of my worst fears, like, the idea that as time goes on i will lose touch with life and my understanding of the world degrades as it moves beyond me and my ability to keep up with technology/events/people/art. More poignantly, iā€™m afraid of ever looking at, say, a contemporary painting and thinking to myself ā€œthis is not worth understandingā€, and find myself saying shit like ā€œmodern art sucksā€ and the like. Or live a life of such complacent consumption that my experience of life is reduced to absorption of easy, conservative, vacuous media. Like, i do not watch GoT butā€¦ watching it here and there has kept me comfortable knowing that i can at least understand what itā€™s trying to say, what the effort behind it is, what it means to those who watch it, and more importantly that i have the accumulated knowledge to have a grasp of the visual (and otherwise non literal) language at use. And more stillā€¦ even if those may not come to me at a momentā€™s notice, that i know i have the ability to learn those things if i so desire. I do not ever want to become the sort of person who is so absent and distant that it becomes impossibly effortful to understand other people and their means and desires. To that end i am growing a habit of reading, watching, and learning as much diverse stuff as i can.

And in a strange way itā€™s forcing me to reconcile with something that i havenā€™t thought about as much as iā€™d liked, and thatā€™s that to achieve what iā€™ve set before me i have to let go of the idea that life is meant to be about happiness. Because, really, life cannot be about happiness if you want to accept all other things in it as well. Like, put simpler, life canā€™t be about good games, it also has to be about bad games. Orā€¦ life canā€™t be about marriages, it has to be about divorces as well. And in turn, this line of thinking has had me thinking about something else, which is how do i grow up ā€œbetterā€? A long time ago a teacher told me that in their professional lives people eventually stop improving. As in, your mathematical skills will eventually stop improving and your work as a mathematician stagnates. From there on, they said, the only way to improve your work is to become a better person. So my thinking is, how to i figure out if my growing up skills are done? Is there such a thing as growing up skills? Is knowing my future fears and working to abate their possibility a growing up skill? And if soā€¦ when should i start becoming a better person?

This latest version of Discourse is saxy.

Yeah? What do you like about it? I havenā€™t noticed much different.