Random Talk | Say whatever's on your mind

This is incredibly impressive

http://vimeo.com/111244563

split this topic #223

I moved 3 posts to an existing topic: What song are you listening to right now?

ā€¦I posted those in the wrong thread.

:stuck_out_tongue:

As a mere moderator of this amazing site, do I have the power to accomplish such an amazing task as well? :slight_smile:

Have you tried? Hint: notice the wrench icon to the upper-right?

I believe due to removing the right gutter, the select post button was hidden such that we werenā€™t able to select posts to move or remove them. I made a quick CSS fix to move them somewhere visible until I can do something better (which will most likely require messing with the templates).

I started to, and then I got bored, damn it! :slight_smile:

How you be, Chap?

Decent. Just laying down after being up until 3am on a website stress test for work.

How about you?

Just getting up. My Phonology instructor has been pissed that the majority of the class has not been coming to class on time, so she gave us who did come home on time a take home quiz. Iā€™m finishing it up now. :slight_smile:

Thatā€™s right. You canā€™t kill an entity which moves from username to username. :smile:

Hi everyone. I didnā€™t have internet access for about a month. Itā€™s why I was gone.

Welcome back, Locutusā€¦ ahemā€¦ Leo. :slight_smile:

Tomorrow, Iā€™m getting temporary crowns on my two front teeth. Iā€™m disappointed that Iā€™m going to lose my real teeth. :confused:

But not entirely, the teeth wonā€™t be extracted. I had root canals done on them, and soon Iā€™ll have crowns.

http://the-toast.net/2014/11/25/words/

Canā€™t even get a fucking trial.

I almost, almost made a Ferguson thread here. But I think itā€™s too depressing. The entire situation is depressing stuff.

Yeah, I feel like everyone I know wants to talk about it, and no one is saying anything helpful.

people ask how I feel about it and I just say ā€œFuckā€

Iā€™m done. Iā€™m fucking done.

Momboard: Gigabyte LGA 1155 Intel B75 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX DDR3 1600 Motherboards GA-B75M-D3H

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K Quad-Core Processor 3.4 GHz 4 Core LGA 1155 - BX80637I53570K

GPU:
EVGA GeForce GTX760 SuperClocked w/EVGA ACX Cooler 2GB GDDR5 256bit, Dual-Link DVI-I, DVI-D, HDMI,DP, SLI Ready Graphics Card (02G-P4-2765-KR) Graphics Cards 02G-P4-2765-KR

Looking at getting these, unless someone has some suggestions. I do have a few questions, could I reuse my copy of Windows 7 on this new machine? How much wattage will I need for my PSU?

Can you find a version of the GPU with more memory? 4 GB is probably a good idea if you want to play games made for the current generation of consoles.

An i5 CPU is good enough even though there are modern games that can take advantage of more powerful models.

Make sure you put in a SSD. It makes an enormous difference and will make the OS a lot more responsive.

What kind of Windows 7 installation do you have? If itā€™s an OEM license then you wonā€™t be able to reuse it with new components. Legally, the license is tied to the motherboard. If you own a disc version then you should be able to reinstall and reactivate it.

Can you find a version of the GPU with more memory?

Yeah, someone else said that too. Iā€™m looking but it gets drastically more expensive.

I do own a disc version of windows 7! Thatā€™s good to hear.