Random Talk | Say whatever's on your mind

Yeah less than 4GB VRAM on your GPU is going to cause problems these days.

Do you guys happen to have any recommendations? Iā€™m not sure what to get. I was hoping to spend less than $300 but I donā€™t know whatā€™s reasonable for 4GB.

You can get this refurbished 4 GB card for an extra $20 from Newegg.

Spending the $340ish on a GTX 970 would be very, very worth your while.

Astonishing performance for the price.

Yeah, that seems to be the popular choice right now.

Ugh, and on a similar note my Core i5 2500K CPU appears to be dying. Looks like itā€™s time for me to buy a new mobo and CPU this weekend :confused:

Bless up Laboured. Always a bummer when parts start failing/dying.

Idk I did a BIOS update and CMOS reset and it sort of fixed things, then it went wrong again, and now Iā€™ve seemingly fixed it again by lowering my overclock.

:confusedface

Did you check your fans and the CPU temperature?

Yes. All fine on that front.

Iā€™ve not had any further problems since lowering my overclock to 4.3GHZ from 4.6GHZ.

It was weird though. I overclocked to 4.6 and Prime95 tested it for about an hour without problems. Then a few hours later it started crashing again.

Perhaps itā€™s a memory related issue?

My 2011 build is still trucking along. I was surprised it could handle Far Cry 4 on Medium settings.

Lately I havenā€™t played any demanding games. My GTX 670 4 GB is good enough to play dungeon crawlers and strategy games at high graphical settings.

Iā€™ll do memtest if it keeps fucking up.

Hi.

Hello! :smile:

Sup?

Dealing with dental pain woes. Iā€™ll never neglect my teeth ever again. Been brushing twice a day, flossing and mouthwash rinse daily. After Iā€™m done with root canals and crowns, Iā€™m taking care of every cavity in my mouth, then a deep cleaning. Then see you in 6 months, doc. Sick of dentists.

Browsing on WYL while I should be working on my Spanish presentation. And prepare a German text. And learn for the test Iā€™m having on Tuesday :frowning:

Uhmā€¦Iā€™ll get a move on in a minute. I missed you guys.

Good luck on the test.