Random Talk | Say whatever's on your mind

I just wrote a 42-character word before realizing that non-native speakers would never be able to parse it.

(didnā€™t see the thread)

Which Game of Thrones character are you (based on your Spotify history)?

well, after two hours doing the exam that will determine my entire future my brain has melted and is starting to drip down my nose

goodbye smarts

@John Are you in college? If so, what is your major?

Iā€™m taking final exams for algebra and programming on Monday and Wednesday. The exams for both classes are split into two parts.

Still unsure about what my major will be, but I know it will be an engineering field. Itā€™s down to either software engineering, electrical engineering, electronic engineering or mechanical engineering. Iā€™m seeing my schoolā€™s career center to help me decide. I think I will be enrolling in Northern Illinois University after I get my Associate in Engineering Science degree, since Iā€™ve been told that itā€™s a good engineering school.

took a entrance exam today, over here we have this thing where everyone above 23 can apply to college and your grades wonā€™t compete with regular kids, only other candidates older than 23 which is pretty neat

unfortunately my exam was math, and fuck math, spent three months learning three years worth of stuff and still i find shit in the exam i hadnā€™t learned yet

the course is a bit of a mess, lots of coding lots of hardware lots of design and some math, kind of geared for web and mobile, it was tailored to the needs of the local and not so local economy but then iā€™ll have shit like graphics programming?? which iā€™m NOT looking forward to

Coding on a math exam? Weird.

Edit: Oh, itā€™s not a math course, but an IT course.

Brienne of Tarth.

Sounds about right.

Just going to put this here.

Here we go (again).

Not sure what you mean by that?

Kickstarter+Pebble isnā€™t a new thing. It also didnā€™t set the world on fire.

It wasnā€™t meant to set the world on fire. You know I work for Pebble right?

How easy is it to export the biometric data to other devices? Can I output it in some kind of raw format if I wanted to integrate it in my own projects?

what do u do

Right now not supported. Iā€™m honestly not sure what official plans there are, but app devs will have access to APIs to access the data so you could get access to it that way.

Varies, I am a tech lead now which means I am running a team across various projects. Though my skill set is still programming and I make APIs for use internally and externally to the company. Right now my focus is on connecting health data to other health apps.

Thanks chapel!

What are yā€™allā€™s favorite tech websites? Whether everyday visits or niche stuff.

General tech news arenā€™t that interesting to me. It has been years since I last read sites like Engadget. Instead, I get my tech news from regular news papers (BBC), gaming media (Gamasutra, Games Industry), computer science news (Hacker News), general science magazines (Science), and discussion forums.

I use RSS feeds to keep track on sites I donā€™t visit regularly.

tinycartridge.com for my cute game things is the nichiest thing i visit