What are y'all playing? ver 2.0

I haven’t had time for games because of final exams coming up, but I have been playing Terra Battle on my phone during lunches and breaks at work, and in-between classes at school. Currently, I’m on Chapter 18-8, and it is challenging. I have to upgrade my characters to their third and final jobs to get stat boosts, then they’ll see major buffs.

These gatcha games are testing my patience, since — going against my vow not to spend any money — I only obtained one SS character after spending $8 on energy. There isn’t an incentive in spending money for currency because there is a high chance in rolling a character you already have, and I think game developers are better off excluding characters you own already out of the RNG, since that would encourage people in spending more to get the over 50 or so characters that you can (so far) get in the game, as opposed to, essentially, gambling to get one or two characters, at best. I would think the latter would make people err on the side of caution by not participating in buying energy.

Is that Doom? Once I grab a new GPU I need to pick up a few pretty games.

i heard it’s lighter than you’d expect

Very well optimised game.

In Call of Duty, you heal by hiding behind boxes. In Doom, you heal by caving in a demon’s skull.

It’s sexual healing @Das. Skull fucking.

playing hl2 because why not

half life 2?

played episode 1 or 2 yet?

have you played these mods:
Minerva Metastasis
Mission improbable
Transmissions Element 120
Research and Development

they are all A+

i’ve played all the games like five times already since i first played the orange box on ps3 but somehow i’m still not bored of them, i just play them yearly i guess

i should check whatever mods i haven’t yet, thanks, i don’t know if there is recent stuff?

hl2 mods never stopped since 2004

http://www.runthinkshootlive.com/
still has mapping contests every other month pretty much and you can vote on ones you like
they are usually called things like
THEME-ville
so like backtrackville
verticalville
etc

the ones i posted above are multiple maps compiled into a mod, i could post a ton of just 1 offs like whoopservatory, forest train, year long alarm

anyway that site has most mods and ratings for them, best resource

danke

Last night I reached chapter 10 in Uncharted 4. It is really fun but I can see why some are referring to it as a “walking simulator” as it is heavily scripted.

The crown jewels

Waiting for that to hit $20 then.

Hearts of Iron: War Stories is an interactive short story from Paradox Interactive, the company behind all those great grand strategy games. I completed the first five chapters this morning on my way to work. Now I have to decide if I want to pay $5 for the other 17 chapters. I like the concept of interactive stories and it’s perfect for my commute if I’m too tired to read my paper novel.

I have been playing Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ sporadically. It is another gatcha game, but the main appeal behind this game is that it’s being positioned as the origin of Kingdom Hearts. It takes place before the Keyblade War. Your character is an avatar, and there light social elements with other players. You can change your appearance by unlocking new outfits and hairstyles. I’m finding it more enjoyable than Terra Battle because the quests are quick and easy. A typical quest would take up a couple minutes of your time, however, there are an astronomical number of quests total. There are over 400 quests at the moment, and they update the game with more quests over time.

Uncharted 4 was really good.

Now I’ve moved on to Fire Emblem Fates (3DS). As expected, it is great. I decided to start with Birthright that is supposed to be the easiest path.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

By easiest path I believe it is also the baby mode/boring objectives path.

I haven’t played it for myself but that’s what I’ve heard.

Yeah, there is a risk that if I spend 30 with Birthright I might not want to go back and try the other paths. Baby mode fits me quite well now in the beginning. In hardcore mode I would have lost three characters by now.