What are y'all playing? ver 2.0

I’m playing Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm innit.

I really suck at RTS games. Learning how to use the Zerg iz tuff.

The fuck. I’m also playing heart of the swarm.

Is that the second expansion? I haven’t played that yet.

First expansion.

Second expansion is the Protoss thingy. Legacy of the Void. I can see how the naming convention is a tad confusing tbf.

Oh, then it is the Protoss campaign I should pick up at some point.

Finished Darksiders. I didn’t remember the tower section… yikes. Really hit the brakes on the pacing. Otherwise and ok game. I’ve read that the sequel is more combat oriented… eh. I’ll have to wait and see.

Also playing half life for some reason. Getting the feeling that i’m glad shooters have slowed down. This kind of fast paced shooter feels very unidirectional. Kinda funny that instead of sprint, shift is for slowing down.

Playing Overwatch beta on Xbox One. It plays well, 60fps all the time as far as I can tell. Obviously resolution is downgraded, but actual gameplay feels and looks the same as other versions. The simpler pixar/wow/tf2 like art style helps keep it looking nice.

Control wise it feels great for a console shooter, and has in depth control mapping that console games generally never do. You can map different controls for each character.

I kind of wish they would enable fov controls on console, since I play on my computer monitor at my desk, it is effectively a PC setup where I am sitting.

I played Overwatch with Viz on PC yesterday. I have an Astro A50 that it doesn’t recognize for mic input. As cool as “comms device” sounds, it’s not a very useful alternate selection instead of default. I’m not surprised Blizzard hasn’t figured out mics, WoW has technically had voice chat, but it was bad and never improved. It’s still embarrassing to see in the year of our lord 2016 with a company as big as Blizzard though.

Been burning through the classic Mega Man games on the Mega Man Legacy Collection for 3DS. I have completed MM1-4, and almost finished with MM5. In terms of difficulty, MM1 is moderately hard, MM2 is easy and MM3-5 are also moderately hard. I noticed that since MM3, robot masters don’t go down easily using a power-up of their weakness, compared to MM2 at least. The Classic series has aged well, though. I’m enjoying playing through them again, and actually, MM5-6 are considered new to me, as I didn’t play them when I was in middle school in the 90s.

In terms of difficulty using savestates, right?

Uncharted: Fortune Hunter is a pretty decent puzzle game for iOS. The first seven levels have been super easy.

Yeah, but even so, they are still hard. I don’t care to play through those games without savestates. Too much frustration. Actually, I didn’t even know that collection had savestates, so I was prepared to play through all six of those games without a handicap, but since it was a feature, what the hell.

Also, I used the pause bug during the Yellow Devil fight in MM2 because I couldn’t beat it after so many attempts.

Table Top Racing: World Tour (PS4) makes me crave for a new Wipeout. The championship structure is very similar, although they have added drifting and hot pursuit modes.

Tried out Overwatch, Tracer is fun. Doesn’t feel right playing on a console though.

The world could always use more herohs!

god damnit i hate the nihilanth

Shoot the crystals, then shoot the crystals in his gigantic baby head.

Uncharted 4 is pretty cool.

it takes so looooong urgh

and the gravity oh my god

It’s the most obnoxious part of the game, for sure. Xen was a wart on an otherwise groundbreaking title.