What are y'all playing? ver 2.0

What’s team Hydra? Do different regions use different names?

USA Has:

Yellow: Instinct
Blue: Mystic
Red: Valor (Real Masters)

I’m just about to hit lvl 15. But I’ve got like 6 eggs I’ll be hatching around the same time tonight, got a ton of pokemon waiting to evolve, and a lucky egg to roll in all that XP. I might crack lvl17 by the time I’m done later.

GF and I have been to our local cemetery ever night all this week, the place has literally 20+ stops and 2 gyms. Always full of local people. Time to branch out and hit downtown Ann Arbor, get some fresh blood.

Valor. I live on a pokestop. Level 8.

So I work for kinda a big company. Used to be in HQ in Detroit, but for now I’m working with server team in Southfield, like a half hour away in a multi-corp building. There’s a gym in the very centre of the building, and that shit flips colors like 5 times a day, lol. Sometimes I can touch the gym from my desk, but most of my 'mons aren’t tough enough to really hold their own yet. Couple more days, I bet.

But if you guys want to really be efficient with your levelling, catch every bitch ass pokemon you see, and just transfer them immediately. Stack up a couplle dozen evolutions worth in your birds and worms and shit. Get some eggs incubating, and set them to hatch around the same distance. Use a lucky egg, hatch your eggs, evolve all your bitches, and enjoy your newfound badassery. Player lvl is king in this game. The faster you can get up the better.

Waiting on eggs doesn’t work for me. I will always have eggs. I’m rollin’ deep on a hatchery, son.

Sorry, I meant I’m on Team Valor. The only team that matters.

Incubating eggs is a bitch, though. Getting to 5 km and 10 km takes a long time.

@MidnightTrain I’m basically doing the strategy you described. I wish I had more than two egg incubators.

Yeah, but I got 6 incubators all ready to hatch within the same 2km. You only get a half hour from a luckyegg, make that shit count.

(Haven’t spent any actual money, fyi. Had a bunch saved up from Google Rewards)

Holding off on evolving until you get a lucky egg does seem smart though.

How do you have so many incubators?

He used fake money.

Also you get some at certain lvls

2 games have been completed, I continued with 1 game and started on a new game from scratch!

Games Completed
Advance Wars 2
Kameo Elements of Power

The last mission was pretty brutal in Advance Wars 2. The CO’s special is devastating, he always has tons of money to buy whatever he wants, the map was huge and he had many cannons/lasers with long reach. The good thing is that I had command over 3 CO’s from different directions. It was a long battle. I got my first C rank. As mentioned previously, the game was a lot of fun. It is worth experiencing. Although I like the emphasis on special powers, they did become annoying near the end when they were used by the opponents. Their special power tend to be better than my CO’s for the most part. I heard that Advance Wars Dual Strike puts even more emphasis on special powers. While I am excited to play it, I am worried about the game’s balance.

Kameo Elements of Power was a short game. I am actually glad about this. I kept thinking to myself when the hell the game was going to end. I feel so confused and mixed about Kameo. The gameplay is truly its saving grace. The rest felt very generic, barely average and sometimes below average. I kept asking myself what the purpose was of me playing this game. The story is so predictable (and it was even left on a cliffhanger), the camera is incredibly annoying, the game lacks engagement, the world isn’t worth caring about, the style is all over the place (sometimes pretty sometimes ugly), the soundtrack is more forgettable than memorable and I could go on. Unpolished and a game that had potential to be something special might be the closest description. The gameplay itself is great. It has a lot of experimentation with the monster transformation and exploration galore. At the end of day, I might be more harsh on it. I can easily see a group loving it based on the gameplay and not caring enough about the rest.

New Game
Final Fantasy V (GBA/DS Lite)

It might have been a surprise to start with this. I’m actually not sure if this is a good timing but I felt like playing it after completing Advance Wars 2. I played this game before but didn’t make it past 3:15 hours. I’m about 4 hours on my current playthrough.

It’s been a while since I played a truly traditional turned based RPG. Most RPG’s or games that I have been playing have been leaning heavily on the action side lately. This might also be the reason why I felt like playing it. The game has a slow start since options are limited and all, standard for most RPGs.

Something that I have noticed this time is how there is a lot of attention to detail with certain animation. The game is showing more emotion through less words and more ‘‘acting’’. I’ve noticed the ‘‘acting’’ with FFVI before, but it feels like FFV has more of it or is relying more on it because there seems to be less dialogue so far. The soundtrack is also amazing, which shouldn’t be a surprise to most.

Currently Playing
Infinite Undiscovery (doing side quests before going for the last chain)

It’s been months since I played this. It didn’t take long to get used to it. It’s funny how the game has a lot of cutscenes. I must have watched 40 minutes worth of cutscenes with minimal walking between 2 days ago. It feels like I reached a point of no return. There is only one chain left to break. I am guessing that there will be one event after this chain and there will be one last dungeon/area to do before completing the game. So I decided to do the side quests before moving on. At first I didn’t want to do any of the side quests when I was still early in the game. Now, I feel like the game is moving at a fast pace and that I don’t get to enjoy the battle system enough. My my…what a turn of events :smile_cat:

Yeah, but

What about Pokemon GO

Mostly makes me want to play an actual Pokemon game. Looking into getting a 3DS.

There are plenty of great games for the 3DS. You should also get the latest Fire Emblem.

Well I mean, Laboured has played ValChron. I would recommend the not-baby mode Fire Emblem Awakening instead.

FE Conquest on hard is really challenging. I’m progressing really slowly.

Played Civ 25 hours straight and won through timed victory. Haven’t slept at all.

Our words are backed with ONE MORE TURN

Fractal: Make Blooms Not War is a pretty decent puzzle game where you try to match hexagon flowers. I played through the campaign and that was enough for me. Thanks again Chapel for gifting it to me.

I’ve reached level 5 in Pokémon Go which means I should be able to do something at one of those gyms I keep seeing.

Most of my gaming time has been spent on Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE. I’ve finished all the side stories for half of the cast and I suspect that I just reached the final chapter. Overall it is a great RPG although the writing, story, and characters aren’t all that interesting. I hope Persona 5 will be even better next year.