What are y'all playing? ver 2.0

There is a pokestop outside my office. I can reach it from my desk.

Just finished Quadrilateral Cowboy. It was pretty fun, but not as polished as I would like. Little bugs and issues here and there, I was able to get past them all but for the new game price I almost would have rather waited knowing what I know now.

The challenges werenā€™t overly hard, the game did a decent job working on top of the existing mechanics. There arenā€™t a lot of levels, so by the end I didnā€™t really get to explore all of the tools to their fullest. If you enjoy puzzle games, Iā€™d say it is worth getting, but might be worth waiting for a sale.

playin iam Setsuna

the snowy aesthetic and the music is pretty good

Just a quick update. I started playing Forza Motor Sport 3 on the Xbox 360. It is my first experience with the franchise. I donā€™t play sim racing games often. Iā€™m really finding the gameā€™s single player mode boring. Iā€™m thinking of dropping the game and moving on. But I am afraid that I might not have given it enough of a chance since I donā€™t have a lot of experience with the genre. Maybe you guys are more experienced and have knowledge with Forza Motorsport games?

Here are my problems:

1. It feels like the single player mode is going to be a grind fest. I played for an hour and it seems like the structure will not have many changes. It seems like there are many races.
  2. This is made worse when the tracks donā€™t feel different from one another. They are boring.
  3. The soundtrack is also very forgetable. I disabled the music and put some podcast in the background.
  4. Iā€™m putting all assist on and playing on medium. Maybe itā€™s a mistake but my first test race was a disaster. The game put all the assist automatically on. This is causing the game to be boring as well. Iā€™m not sure what is worse. Finding the controls difficult or winning easily.

Some background info about me:

1. It seems that I donā€™t care about the extensive tune/upgrade options. I just quickly upgrade through automatic option.
  2. I couldnā€™t care less about collecting realistic cars. Here it doesnā€™t feel very rewarding to get them.
  3. My only other sim race experience were Gran Tourismo games. I had some fun with them, more than I can say for my current experience with Forza 3.
  4. I am much more into arcade or party racing games such as WipeOut and Mario Kart.
  5. I donā€™t drop games easily and tend to feel guilty doing that.

What do you guys think? Is there still a chance that I might enjoy the game when playing it the right way or should I drop it and never look back?

The final boss of #FE was tough and the fight took freaking forever to finish. Fortunately I got him on my first attempt. I think Iā€™ll pick a shorter game next.

The Talos Principle must be massive. I keep finding new areas to explore.

Mobius Final Fantasy is pretty and the combat system is quite fun. On the other hand it has an awful story, itā€™s highly repetitive and I suspect I will soon hit a wall of microtransactions.

I caught a Pikachu yesterday, and got my ass kicked at the local gym.

Itā€™s fairly big, especially if you try to do all the secret stuff. Really worth it though. I had some trouble with the last introduced mechanic but thatā€™s about the only complaint i would have about it.

playing Quadrilateral Cowboy and itā€™s a lot of fun, but perhaps a bit too seeped in idealistic remembrance than iā€™d like, though i guess the game is all about memories in the first place

Tricky Towers (PS4), one of this monthā€™s PS+ freebies, is surprisingly fun in its simplicity. Itā€™s basically Tetris with a physics engine, power-ups/downs, and a handful of levels with great design.

Also set in Yoshiā€™s Island?

@toku so is Titanfall 2 fun or a complete disappointment

kinda the latter

Too slow atm?

Itā€™s slower, and both modes in the test right now promote camping heavily. One map in particular as well. Itā€™s looking like one of those modes is replacing Attrition too which is :unamused:

Everything is different or slightly off. Titan gameplay is different, movement is different, map design is different and even aiming is a little off/different. I donā€™t understand why they couldnā€™t just make Titanfall with more graphical polish and more content/customization but oh well.

Iā€™m trying to stay open, see how this and next weekends tech test go. Right now its basically me and like 400 ppl playing total but it hasnā€™t been great so far.

Had this cool moment though:

Watching some streams. Looks pretty similar, but what youā€™re saying is something youā€™d only feel and not easily be able to see.

If you think it is bad, itā€™s probably bad.

Iā€™m trying to be open. Weā€™ll see how the tests go with more people.

I picked up Syndicate from the EA Origin sale. Itā€™s near unplayable out of the box because of horrible mouse lag. First I had to disable v-sync, auto-aim and change the bit depth settings. Then I had to modify an .ini-file to turn off controller acceleration. Finally after downloading a FOV mod, changing it from 70 to 90, it behaves like a proper PC port.

It also suffers from distracting post-processing effects. Gloom is turned up to eleven.

The game itself is quite fun. All the weapons Iā€™ve tried so far feel very satisfying.

Iā€™ve been super down on the game in this thread but Iā€™ll still probably get it on launch. Respawn was solid when it came to support in TF1 dispite how heartbreaking it was watching the community leave. That plus I still need my mecha fix finally coupling with this being the first year since MW3 that Iā€™m passing on CoD.