What are y'all playing? ver 2.0

ya ima buy it I trust Respawn to fix stuff
ill try to get it for 30-40$~

The Beginnerā€™s Guide is kinda cool and very courageous, i like it, even if itā€™s a hard game to think about.

Door Kickers is a great pausable real-time tactical combat sim that should appeal to fans of XCOM or Sierraā€™s old SWAT series. Itā€™s packed with content and you can fully customize your squad. My only gripe with it is that the campaigns is almost devoid of story, and it feels less rewarding to develop your team compared to a game like XCOM or FF: Tactics.

Vanillaware changed a bunch of things for Odin Sphere Leifthrasir and itā€™s now actually fun to play. I could never get into the original. The 2D art is incredibly pretty and the combat system is fast and responsive. On top of that you have a bunch of RPG mechanics.

Fallout 4 is a lot of good fun. Constantly surprised by how pretty the game is and how cool it is. Massive improvement in assets and art in general really shines.

Playing on PS4 tho this fucking fov is not helping me any.

I completed Mega Man 5 of Mega Man Collection on 3DS. Dark Manā€™s Castle stages were kinda annoying to traverse through. I beat some robot masters in Mega Man 6, the final installment in the collection. I defeated Blizzard Man, Flame Man, Plant Man and Centaur Man. Also, I killed them all with mostly powered up mega buster shots only, and using that method proved to be effective, as every powered mega buster shot shaved away a sizable chunk of their health meter. Centaur Manā€™s pattern was especially simple.

Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth (3DS) is a nice mix between the Etrian Odyssey and Persona series. In the beginning you get to choose between the casts of Persona 3 or Persona 4. I went with Yu-senpai.

Like most first-person dungeon crawlers, you alternate between improving your party in the town (school) and fighting in the dungeon. The map drawing mechanic from Etrian Odyssey is back and the combat system is similar to most MegaTen games where it is all about exploiting weaknesses. Itā€™s quite fun although Iā€™m not sure I can stick with it for 60 hours.

No games, just playing with Linux as my main OS. It is both fun and challenging!

Galak z good fun

Iā€™m a very hit and miss player on Rocket League. Some games, Iā€™m unstoppable and have scored 3-5. The next, Iā€™m anonymous or assisting own goals for fun.

Nothing, Iā€™m being incredibly indecisive about what I want to play.

I completed The Monstrous Turnabout of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney āˆ’ Dual Destinies. Simon Blackquill is an intriguing character. He still doesnā€™t top Godot as best prosecutor. I started a bit of the beginning of Turnabout Academy.

Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past (3DS) is a good remake of one of the more divisive DQ games. It still starts out slow but itā€™s faster than the original.

I really could use a good stealth 'em up, hoping Dishonored 2 gives me that.

Deus Ex Mankind divided is pretty and actually has pretty good writing, the ā€˜lumminati!?!?!?!ā€™ aspect of it aside but man the stealth is so dry, itā€™s authentically 10 times better as a game if you just go ā€˜fuck it, you have to dieā€™ sometimes and just make a mess of things. Itā€™s a good game/bad stealth game.

Started Vanishing of Ethan Carter. Pickup is a bit slow, though appreciable. Somehow managed not to spoil myself the story, though iā€™m kinda seeing where itā€™s going. Itā€™s very pretty too. Photogramagramaphonics or something like that? Some places look downright photorealistic.

Also i have made some upgrades and i can actually run games well now, itā€™s a luxury i havenā€™t had for a loooong time. Feels pretty nice.

Oh yeah, also played Consortium, which was one of those games i was waiting to play until after upgrading. Super cool! Absolutely loved the story, it was really cool and novel and the big twist really got me. Noticed that the sequel wasnā€™t exactly, uh, spectacularly funded which is a bit worrying. Now i wish i had had the opportunity to, well, fig it i guess. Iā€™ve never backed any sort of crowdfunding but this i think i would probably like to invest in.

That UI tho.

Letā€™s seeā€¦ iā€™m also playing Fallout 4. For the PS4 that is, not the PC which i think was not exactly the best idea but no problems so far to be honest. Game feels a fair bit more polished and authored than 3, which i take as a positive change. The game is clear about what itā€™s going for, thereā€™s no real misdirection and the gameplay cycle becomes apparent after the first few areas. Rolling with Piper right now, feels proper to do the side missions with a journalist companion, even though she doesnā€™t really report on anything it seems. First game that has me all invested weapon crafting, it feels pretty cool. Not that much into the building thing, seems like a waste of resources doesnā€™t it?

Also drugged the old lady all the way down to nuclear hell, now everyoneā€™s going nuts because sheā€™s not around! Jeez.

Otherwise i have started Deus Ex: HR again. I donā€™t know kinda felt like playing something like that. Though by now the experience is more than marred by my extensive knowledge of the game, the levels, and the mechanics. Felt like playing through it with new eyes to try and figure out the game in ways i hadnā€™t before but iā€™m only finding myself being driven to do all the things iā€™ve done before in exactly the same way and doing the same choices. Donā€™t know whether to think of this as a personal failing or as a matter that could be addressed by the game design. Could be both i guess, form what i see and read online other people donā€™t seem to have the problem of always choosing the same choices, so i donā€™t know. Iā€™ve never really been into that experimenting/figuring different ways to do the same thing, iā€™m much more the kind of person that knows what they want to do and find the game in figuring out the most efficient way to go about doing it.

Well shit i thought Ethan Carter was just a bit scary, not to turn into outright horror near the end.

Fuck

There are several design issues with Dragon Quest VII. Pacing is off, most abilities are useless or redundant, battles are either too rare or too frequent. Random battles generally lasts a single turn and boss fights drags on for too long. I still want to finish it but I will probably skip all of the optional content so I can reach the end without spending a hundred hours.

Iā€™m playing Earthlock: Festival of Magic. I had backed this western indie RPG on Kickstarter sometime ago. Iā€™m quite a few hours into the game and so far, I have mixed impressions about it. In some ways, you can see influences of Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy, but unfortunately, the story and character dialogue feel pretty bland. It does offer enough uniqueness to the world that will keep me playing, providing Iā€™m able to reach the end.

That brings me to my next point, this game has difficulty spikes out the ass. Iā€™m stuck on a certain boss that annihilates my party in less than 5 minutes; no matter what I do to improve my character stats, it doesnā€™t seem to make a difference. Iā€™ve even tried to experiment with the Bonds mechanic, which is where the Chrono Trigger influence enters the stage. Itā€™s somewhat similar to the double and triple techs in CT, except you arenā€™t choosing abilities that more than one character are executing together, but instead, they are passive traits that make your abilities stronger. Iā€™ll also add that Iā€™ve come across some major bugs so far. There was a moment where I fell through the god damn geometry in a dungeon, but that was only the case when I went there at a certain point of the story. It was an odd bug. There were other minor bugs, but that was the only significant issue.