What are y'all playing? ver 2.0

Water temple isšŸ‘Œ

Water Temple is bae. TBH I liked it more than most other dungeons in OoT.

Master Quest version is super good too

10 hours into Dark Souls 3 with no shield and a Great Hammer.

I completed my first campaign in Total War: Warhammer. Playing as the Dwarfs was tough in the beginning when I was surrounded by enemies and I had no resources. Once I got the hang of things it went a lot smoother. Halfway throughout the game I had a near limitless amount of gold and I could outspend any foe.

Now Iā€™m trying my luck as The Empire. I enabled the realistic battle setting (disable radar, limit view distance, canā€™t issue commands when paused) that make combat more exciting. Humans are faster, have shock cavalry, and the starting province has more complex terrain. This makes combat much more hectic and demanding.

I bought Mini Metro (iOS) on sale a few months ago. This weekend it finally clicked with me and Iā€™ve been having a lot of fun unlocking new cities and challenges.

I went back to Warhammer Quest (iOS). Itā€™s incredibly well made although a bit grindy. It will probably be my go-to game when listening to podcasts for the next few weeks.

Did I mention I picked up a PS4 recently? Been playing Bloodborne all weekend and itā€™s absolutely amazing. Probably my new #1 FROM game. Just killed Father Gascione, so Iā€™m kinda getting into the main meat of the game now.

The trick weapon mechanic is my favorite part. Being able to equip one weapon, switch between axe and halberd, truly an inspired decision. Not to mention upgrading your weapon feels like upgrading two weapons. Will I ever need to change my weapon even? Feel like I can just upgrade this till the end and be happy.

Itā€™s here!

https://streamable.com/8mn6h

Currently Playing
Forza Motorsport 3 (4th year)
Box Boy (8/22 worlds)
Zelda OOT 3D (doing side quests, last castle left)

Iā€™ve been taking a break playing Forza for a few days. Season Mode can feel like a slog whenever you advance further. Every year is longer with more races, and every race takes more laps. Iā€™ve had 14 laps at one point. I think itā€™s a shame they felt the need to extend the length of the game that way, as it doesnā€™t need it. Reducing the amount of laps would have been a big improvement. Iā€™m still planning on playing the game and at least try to finish Season Mode. There are 6 years in all and Iā€™m halfway past the fourth year.

Surprisingly, my progress with Box Boy has been slower. I figured this game would have been completed by now, but my attention has been going to other games instead. It has nothing to do with the quality of Box Boy as it succeeds at what it has set out to do, offering a high quality bite sized game. The visual presentation along with the soundtrack are minimal but very pleasant and fitting. The puzzle stages have been simple and quick to finish, Iā€™m guessing that the difficulty will ramp up soon. Despite that, the puzzles are very enjoyable due to the unusual gameplay. Itā€™s hard to explain, it has to do with controlling a moving box where you can create boxes from this box and then you can use them to reach places. Such as moving through dangerous obstacles, hanging on walls and pull yourself towards them and defending yourself from lasers. It works! Every world introduces a new gimmick which keeps the game fresh.

Most of my attention went to Zelda OOT. Last time I mentioned needing more time before playing more Zelda. It happened big time. Iā€™ve really gotten into OOT by not only advancing with the story but also doing almost all the side quests: collecting all golden skultulas, almost all upgrades, almost all hearts, sell all masks, all bottles etc. I never got to do that with the gamecube version. Granted 20% of it I had to look up on guides but I still put more effort this time :stuck_out_tongue: Doing the side quests has made me appreciate OOT greatly. All items have a purpose, most areas are worth exploring and there is some lore hidden with the statues scattered around Hyrule (which you can interact with after having the Mask of Truth). Iā€™m almost close to completing the game, just need to collect 3 more heart pieces and do the last dungeon.

Does it feel different en fresh enough compared to the normal version?

Iā€™ve been engaged in ā€œjolly cooperationā€

I think it does, the dungeons are definitely more complex and the water temple is no different. They feel denser and I think the difficulty is more rewarding. Really I donā€™t think Iā€™d choose to play vanilla OoT again if I could do MQ.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (PS4) is gorgeous and the new protagonistsā€™ banter is entertaining. Combat has been bland in the first four chapters, but maybe it will pick up later.

Almost finished with Dead Space but the game keeps crashing ffuuuuuuckj

Finished Dead Space and began Dead Space 2ā€¦ all i can say so far is that itā€™s been an unpleasant change. Everything about the game is so different. thereā€™s no map, heal hotkey, the movement is quicker and weightless, you can only get enemy loot if you smash them with melee after they die, they even added crosshairs instead of using the gunā€™s lasers to point. That was all so bleh. The whole situation that the game presents also feels completely uninspired and almost ashamed of the first game. Thereā€™s no subtlety to anything now, everything seems to have a deep backstory and ultimately nothing seems able to stand on the merit of its sci fi or horror fantasies. Two hours in and iā€™ve yet to feel like iā€™m moving through an urban sprawl, only that iā€™ve crossed so many indistinguishable corridors on a pathway that i suppose could go through the whole of the ship and never see any place that takes more than five minutes to cross. And there are so many monsters everywhere, the game lacks any kind of long term considerations in how it puts you in combat with new kinds of enemies, or even enemies in general. The game almost immediately gives up on any desire to introduce its enemies and enemy classes with anything but the sheer inconvenience of watching some weird fleshy thing move in your direction and being fast enough to find the yellow bits or wherever is easier to point at because, really, itā€™s not like ammo is a concern.

Justā€¦ utter dissatisfaction so far.

I did buy Ys Seven today sooooo really looking forward to that.

What is that?

Iā€™ve been playing Destiny 2 (big shock I know) mostly with a little Rainbow Six Siege mixed in since that also got a big update this week.

proly that xcom2 dlc

I too am playing that.

Itā€™s magical.