WYL pickup thread: deuxième édition (post real pics)

With a new forum, we get a new pickup thread! Post those purchases, even without pictures of the actual product.

Quantum Devil Saga: Avatar Tuner Vol. 1 (novel)
2DS case
Rhythm Paradise (NDS)
Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millenium Girl (3DS)
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask (3DS)
Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)
Destiny (PS4)

Hmm. Is Avatar Tuner related to the Shin Megami Tensei series? What is that exactly?

It’s Digital Devil Saga in novel form. I haven’t read it yet so I don’t know if it follows the games closely or not.

First post! And I’m actually playing two of the games I bought!

What the fuck is up with that Fairy Fencer game case cover.

http://i.minus.com/iSN45F5giz7yu.jpg
http://i.minus.com/iMYMpiBydo1va.jpg
http://i.minus.com/iz0Uci0bEdoHO.jpg

Handheld game console:
• Vita Slim with Adventure Mega Pack (Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Tearaway, Gravity Rush, Escape Plan, TxK)

Headphones:
• AKG K240 Studio

Games:
• Ar nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star (PS3)
• Fantasy Life (3DS)
• Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (PSV)
• Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (PSV)
• Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair (PSV)
• Dragon Quest I (iOS)
• Dragon Quest II (iOS)
• Legend of Grimrock 2 (PC)
• Persona 4 Golden (PSV)
• Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call (3DS)

• Bayonetta 1 & 2
• Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
• Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth
• Wii Party U (with extra Wiimote)
• Telephoto zoom lens - Tamron SP 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di VC USD
• iPhone 6 64 GB with red silicone case
• My first glasses

Aww ys, we have almost exactly the same glasses!

So, today is actually a very special day. Here’s today’s spoils.

That’s William Eggleston’s Guide, Yotsuba& Vol.8, I Kill Giants, and the Hyrule Historia. The first three arrived just today from Book Depository, which i recommend if only because they have the best bookmarks and they usually give one for free with every shipment. The Historia was actually bought at Comic-Con! That’s right, there was a Comic-Con event near me, and i decided to visit there today, the first of three days. 20€ for a ticket! Fuck that was expensive. That’s almost twice as much as it was yesterday. Anyway, it was actually very nice! Lots of comic, anime and game stuff (obv), there was a Smash Bros competition going on and stuff. There were even a couple of tables for playing Catan. Here’s some pictures i took.

I’m hoping my brother brings me an Ayase dakimakura tomorrow :3

?

yeppo, she is the leftmost dakimakura in their photo

i was far too embarrassed to even ask how much they costed, i couldn’t bear the thought of not being able to show my half ironic interest in them

so i asked my brother to suffer through it!

Also, after experiencing the spirit that grew from such an unabashed display of community and passion in the convention, i will never again question the raw enjoyment that people seem to exude in them. If you’ll excuse me for how inexperienced this will sound, i have never felt “so at home”, as it were. The feeling of being in a place where everyone shares your investment and passion for the stuff you’ve always striven to at best curate, and at worst completely hide is one of the most life affirming experiences i’ve ever had.

well, i am now the uh… proud… owner of a rei dakimakura

i hope hell is dope

:cry:

Stuffs

Is that the manga or anime (Sidonia)?

I tried watching the show on Netflix but the 3D style and animation turned me off.

It’s the manga, no official release of the “anime” just yet. I’ll post my gifts in a bit, just making and eating breakfast.

I remember having a discussion with Arch about getting Persona Q. That game was pretty much bought on that day. Since then I bought Tales of Xillia 2 Day 1 Edition, it’s brand new for 20 euros. Yesterday I bought Sonic Boom 3DS, on sale for 20 euros. Don’t give me that stare, the 3DS demo was enjoyable. That’s more than I can say for the wii u demo.

Also some PSN games during sale: Ratchet Clank Trilogy, Samurai Warriors 3, Soul Calibur V, Child of Light and Hyper Dimension Neptunia Rebirth. The latter one I hope not to regret it, something about it tells me to give it a try.

You should watch the Quick Look video Giant Bomb did of the Wii U game. It was hilarious.

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-sonic-boom-rise-of-lyric/2300-9700/