Discussion and feedback about Discourse

Maybe we have special mod privileges (i.e. a higher trust level)?

Ahh. Well, my upper point stands. :slight_smile:

test

hmmm

different rules for OT/Gaming and Meta?

No. What did you type to get the error?

This?

If so there is a setting for text entropy. I have it set to 1 which should effectively be disabled. Will have to investigate more.

yeah, I just wanted to leave my bare excitement, and I was denied!

Testing something

Do we have cup holders yet?

It depends on your trust level. You should always be careful with beverages around computers.

You’re not (legally) the boss of me arch.

I know what I’m doing.

split this topic #201

I moved 3 posts to a new topic: Who has CD/DVD drives on their computers anymore?

Anyone notice anything different? I changed the font. I also capitalized the category names which I think feels better overall. http://giant.gfycat.com/RequiredNaughtyLadybird.gif

That red dashed line is new too.

Ok so new font will work when you increase the kerning between letters. Too bunched up right now.

And I feel like the red dashed lines are a step backwards.

Oh and the font used when you quote something is nasty.

Can I get screen shots? My guess it could be browser + platform differences. I’m not sold on anything yet so your feedback matters.

The red dotted border was a quick change since I didn’t like the existing highlight style. Not a fan either.

Sorry I was wrong on the quote font sort of.

It uses a weird font when you quote a hyperlink I think.

With the kerning issue I’ll have to screenie it laters.

I dig the new font. I don’t like the dotted line highlight, but nor did I like the orange style. In fact, I don’t think any sort of highlight style is necessary for a new post or whatever. It’s a hindrance to the eyes.

Ok Chaps in addition to my complaint about the font (I really think you should stick to a Helvetica based font, this one is too bunched up and curvy) I’ve noticed that when I copy-paste text from elsewhere, it estimates carriage returns where you normally see them on your screen, rather than treat the copied text as one long string.

e.g.

Tottenham Hotspur want to sign central defender Toby Alderweireld, 26,
on loan at Southampton from Atletico Madrid, after missing out on
Winston Reid. (Daily Telegraph)
Right-back Bacary Sagna, 32, is
considering his future at Manchester City, just nine months after moving
to the Etihad Stadium from Arsenal. (The Mirror)
Lyon president
Jean-Michel Aulas has said that Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester United
target, striker Alexandre Lacazette, 21, will not be allowed to leave
the French club at the end of the season. (Lyon FC)
Juventus
midfielder Paul Pogba, 21, has agreed to join Paris St Germain at the
end of the season, despite interest from Manchester United, Arsenal and
Chelsea. (Daily Star)
Liverpool will attempt to sign Real Madrid
midfielder Lucas Vazquez, 23 - currently on loan at Espanyol - in the
summer. (Daily Express)
Former Germany centre back Per Mertesacker,
30, is playing for his future at Arsenal with manager Arsène Wenger
weighing up whether to make an end-of-season move for another defender.
(Daily Telegraph)

Copied from here: http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/31775190

Tottenham Hotspur want to sign central defender Toby Alderweireld, 26, on loan at Southampton from Atletico Madrid, after missing out on Winston Reid. (Daily Telegraph)
Right-back Bacary Sagna, 32, is considering his future at Manchester City, just nine months after moving to the Etihad Stadium from Arsenal, and Italian club Roma are interested in signing him. (Daily Mirror)
Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas has said that Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester United target, striker Alexandre Lacazette, 21, will not be allowed to leave the French club at the end of the season. (Lyon FC)
Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba, 21, has agreed to join Paris St Germain at the end of the season, despite interest from Manchester United, Arsenal and Chelsea. (Daily Star)
Liverpool will attempt to sign Real Madrid midfielder Lucas Vazquez, 23 - currently on loan at Espanyol - in the summer. (Daily Express)
Former Germany centre back Per Mertesacker, 30, is playing for his future at Arsenal with manager Arsène Wenger weighing up whether to make an end-of-season move for another defender. (Daily Telegraph)

Doesn’t have anything to do with the font really, and I wasn’t able to replicate it.

I would have liked a screenshot, as not being able to see the issue really doesn’t help me.